Ask Ziplock

Started by Ziplock, June 30, 2011, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Back by popular demand (i.e one pm) ask ziplock is up and running again. Just a quick preface though.

If you have sandi+cox combo and need to  cover a 0 desperately, trade sandilands to mcevoy. Or Goldstein, if you're not worried about the bye. I wouldn't be rating lobbe personally as of yet- see how he does, I'll be getting him on the bubble.

Oh, and for captaincy, boyd vs melb, ablett vs freo are solid options.

Swanny + Pendles can also be considered, but playing hawthorn, mighten't chop up

That should cut down half my work :P

JBs-Hawks

What do you think of Zac Smiths chances of keeping his avg up with his 100s coming when fraser was injured and now fraser and gorringe are in the team

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 30, 2011, 07:47:58 PM
What do you think of Zac Smiths chances of keeping his avg up with his 100s coming when fraser was injured and now fraser and gorringe are in the team
he avgs 16HOs per game (smith), he's tonned with fraser in the team, and while two of his 100s he did have 20+ HOs, it would appear as though he gets most his points around the ground.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Memphistopheles

Adcock is back, but do I start him over Lower who is playing Gold Coast? Other defs are all prems: Gibbs, Scotland, Enright, Rawlings, Lids, Goddard.

Also compared to the others mentioned how do you rate Murphy as a captain choice?

Windigo

IF Puopolo is dropped should I do this:

Prestia>Callinan & Puo>Fisher 6 trades left & a full team. I get to keep Stanley but down a trade.

BUT if Puo plays I'm trading Stanley>Fisher. Saves me a trade but I lose a good benchie.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Ziplock on June 30, 2011, 07:42:36 PM
Back by popular demand (i.e one pm)

Hey, I'm popular!  :P

ANYWAY

Here's where I'm at.  I have 6 trades and an almost complete team.  I dunno whether to keep Sandi or trade him.  To get a better idea of where I'm at, I'm 10 wins and 1 loss in my league, and I'm one game clear at the top.  My remaining fixtures are against 10th, 12th, 13th and 6th.  Also, here is my team (at full strength).

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Suckling, Shaw, Broughton, Goddard, Adcock <Puopolo, Jacobs, Toy>

Mids: Boyd, Thompson, Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Montagna <Hibberd, Mzungu, Evans>

Rucks: Cox, Sandilands <Bailey, Derickx>

Forwards: Stevie J, Sylvia, Goodes, Franklin, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Yarran <Krakouer, I. Smith, Howe>

So yeah, trade or keep Sandilands?  And, if I trade, who to?

Ziplock

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 30, 2011, 07:59:15 PM
Adcock is back, but do I start him over Lower who is playing Gold Coast? Other defs are all prems: Gibbs, Scotland, Enright, Rawlings, Lids, Goddard.

Also compared to the others mentioned how do you rate Murphy as a captain choice?

adcock is playing port, who give away almost as many DT points as GC, and adcock is, when fit, (as I presume now) a much better DT scorer than Lower. + I heard Rich is out this week? More midfield time for adcock perhaps?

With murphy's average, and richmond not being the best team out there, he is certainly a viable captain choice this week. And any week for that matter.

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 30, 2011, 08:10:20 PM

adcock is playing port, who give away almost as many DT points as GC, and adcock is, when fit, (as I presume now) a much better DT scorer than Lower. + I heard Rich is out this week? More midfield time for adcock perhaps?

+1, I think Adcock is a definate starter in anyone's team this week because of likely midfield time.

Zip, Howe or Callinan to do better this week?

Ziplock

Quote from: Windigo on June 30, 2011, 08:01:39 PM
IF Puopolo is dropped should I do this:

Prestia>Callinan & Puo>Fisher 6 trades left & a full team. I get to keep Stanley but down a trade.

BUT if Puo plays I'm trading Stanley>Fisher. Saves me a trade but I lose a good benchie.

Yes. If pups is dropped I would be doing that most probably.

and yeah, it's a bit sad to be losing Stanley, but hey, get premos in asap right?

Fisher will average between 20-30 ppg more than stanley for most weeks. Ultra consistent as well from memory.

Ziplock

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 30, 2011, 08:07:28 PM

ANYWAY

Here's where I'm at.  I have 6 trades and an almost complete team.  I dunno whether to keep Sandi or trade him.  To get a better idea of where I'm at, I'm 10 wins and 1 loss in my league, and I'm one game clear at the top.  My remaining fixtures are against 10th, 12th, 13th and 6th.  Also, here is my team (at full strength).

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Suckling, Shaw, Broughton, Goddard, Adcock <Puopolo, Jacobs, Toy>

Mids: Boyd, Thompson, Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Montagna <Hibberd, Mzungu, Evans>

Forwards: Stevie J, Sylvia, Goodes, Franklin, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Yarran <Krakouer, I. Smith, Howe>

mmm, how long's his injury- 4 weeks right? and he'll probably be rested in the finals... with your lack of cover I would probably trade. I would look to Mcevoy, since he has no more byes left and has been firing. If you're not concerned with Goldsteins rd 21 bye, I would also look at him.

I think though, he should be traded- otherwise you're depending on bailey + derickx playing each week- not likely.

Ziplock

Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2011, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on June 30, 2011, 08:10:20 PM

+1, I think Adcock is a definate starter in anyone's team this week because of likely midfield time.

Zip, Howe or Callinan to do better this week?

Probably Howe against a poor doggies side. That being said, he scored pretty shockingly last week against Richmond. I say callinans 89 against geelong has proven his value against A rated teams. That being said, I would use sydney as a final test for him- bench him this week, then,. if he shows the goods again, use him on your fwd line whenever.

AlexIsOnFire

So whos the better defender - DT related

S.Fisher - no byes, very consistent but not renowned  for big 100's,

or

Suckling - hawks are playing keep-e-offs style of football out of defence where they chip it around, which means big points, while being cheap, they are still points, but hawks have 1 more bye

Am trading out Lower this week for one of these boys

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ziplock on June 30, 2011, 08:15:13 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on June 30, 2011, 08:07:28 PM

ANYWAY

mmm, how long's his injury- 4 weeks right? and he'll probably be rested in the finals... with your lack of cover I would probably trade. I would look to Mcevoy, since he has no more byes left and has been firing. If you're not concerned with Goldsteins rd 21 bye, I would also look at him.

I think though, he should be traded- otherwise you're depending on bailey + derickx playing each week- not likely.

Especially as Derickx broke his ankle recently.

chaosAD

Do i do a double and get Sam Fisher ? or
do i take a punt and do a straight swap Hibberd to Gram ?

Chelskiman

Quote from: Ziplock on June 30, 2011, 08:15:13 PMI would look to Mcevoy, since he has no more byes left and has been firing.

If I trade to McEvoy I'll be left with 5 trades and $10,800 in the bank.  Is this enough trades/money to have left, considering I will want to upgrade either a rookie forward or Yarran to a premium (I'm thinking Fyfe after his bye) at some point?