Whose got the better JS? Bailey, Lobbe or Vardy?

Started by wce06, June 30, 2011, 07:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whose JS is best?

Bailey
7 (41.2%)
Lobbe
6 (35.3%)
Vardy
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

wce06

Looking for a cheap option for Sandi, whose got solid JS, and will become my 3rd ruck. I'll be bringing Petrie from the forward line to the ruck making my ruck line: Cox, Petrie (Bailey/Lobbe/Vardy, McCauley) with Jippett in the forwards (if I get in Lobbe, I can alternate them two depending on the cover needed. With the money from the downgrade I'll be upgrading in the forwards to cover the loss of Petrie. 12 trades. Cheers.

Ziplock

bailey has injury concerns- out of those mentioned, not him.

Vardy has already had a price rise- his JS is *alright* as he's sort of being primed to take over from otten.

Mccauley has pretty poor JS- that's why he hasn't been playing much?

Lobbe has the best JS imo- brogan being named to retire and lobbe already with one good game under his belt, + dpp, can't really be ignored.

LaHug

I somewhat agree with Zip, but not entirely.
Bailey has great JS but huge injury concerns so I'd steer clear.
I think Lobbe actually has fairly average JS. He was a late inclusion last week and, whether or no Brogan's retiring, they have a few other young rucks they'll probably rotate through. Add the fact that Lobbe is crap (been playing awfully in the SANFL), I think Port may go with other youngsters (or at least rotate them).
Vardy has amazing JS. He was rested last week (meaning he probably won't miss another game other than the bye) and is the Cats' new golden boy. He's playing very well and the fact they dropped Hawkins again to put him back in the side, it looks like he's got the sport that Hawkins used to have. Would only get dropped if he suddenly lost a lot of form.
So yeah, I'd go Vardy if price isn't an issue.
Obviously, if you want the most cash, go Lobbe but I'm very unsure about him.

Wes Mantooth

LH, I disagree.

Lobbe has been Port's number 1 future choice for their ruck for a while and they have been investing a lot of time in him. I think he will be given every opportunity... a lot of their other rucks have never even played a game. Sure his form in the SANFL hasn't been great but he did okay DT wise vs Goldstein.

LaHug

But surely the fact that he's not actually playing that well might mean they try someone else?
And either way, unless you need the DPP or the cash, Vardy is a better player that won't be dropped.

wce06

Thanks for the replies :) atm its Vardy ahead of Lobbe but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

Windigo

I like Bailey. His tap work is ace and gets a kick & mark around the place.

shifter93

Why not an expensive option for Sandi and user Petrie in the forwards / ruck cover? I presume that is your initial reason for having Jippett.

Pros: Saves a trade.
Cons: no immediate HOT CASH INJECTION!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, it saves a trade.

Holz

i would say bailey should play unless he gets injured so JS the best but not sure if he will play the most games from now on. He seems to be a bit like higgins.

LaHug

Surely Vardy's JS is just as good as Bailey's AND he's not injury prone.
Let us know who you go with.

wce06

I went with Vardy, his JS is good and unlike Bailey he isn't injury prone. Wasn't that keen on Lobbe due to Port's unpredictability.
But thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated :)