Main Menu

The EOS Thread

Started by Maca24, June 30, 2011, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Yep that is fair 8)
And players in the XI over like 6 or 8 seasons are HoF members? 8)

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 01:10:49 AM
Yep that is fair 8)
And players in the XI over like 6 or 8 seasons are HoF members? 8)
Yep.  :P

Fletch74

Well, I purchased 2 new 19yo recruits yesterday...

Roger Cosstick for $35k, plus Shahid Abid for $55k - slight overpay, but good talent.

I am selling the following today;

Zahid Farhan
David Boag
Keith Martin

I've tried to sell the above 3 with a reserve price in the last week, all to no avail, so they have been put up now at $0

plus when my 19yo's go into the Senior squad tomorrow, I will also offload;

Samuel Chase

I will be in search of either a Spinning A/R or a Fasty/FM AR, can't be medium, plus I need a Captain.

Maca24

Farhan looks good flecth. I might put a bid on him but we'll see.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on July 01, 2011, 09:21:47 AM

Roger Cosstick for $35k, plus Shahid Abid for $55k - slight overpay, but good talent.
Nice buys. Cosstick has a nice talent and decent secondaries 8). Abid probably an overpay but already Acc/Acc and nice talent to have if you didn't have an OBB. They sure are handy ;).

Nails

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 01, 2011, 03:49:47 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on July 01, 2011, 09:21:47 AM

Nice buys. Cosstick has a nice talent and decent secondaries 8). Abid probably an overpay but already Acc/Acc and nice talent to have if you didn't have an OBB. They sure are handy ;).

How handy are they?

I need Opener bat, NBB, OBB... RWS... I need everything.

Justin Bieber

I think Opener could be handy as I don't have a designated Opening pair as they all seem to be inconsistent nowadays :(. OBB has served me well through Dexter and the now-sold Bennett (Great ending combo earlier this season). I recommend it but still look for skills ahead of talent. I like having an accumulator on defensive when opening. Have one in the youths along with a boundary hitter and they do quite well. Need to be on the look out for some 20 y.o talents soon 8). Never really had a NBB but doesn't hurt if he is a good bowler 8).

All in all, go for Primaries first, then secondaries and experience, then  look at their talents. I do that all the time as if they have a good talent but no skills, won't make the team :).

I've got 2 Wristies in my Youths but only Rea/Rea right now at 17 :P. Could sell you one if you wanted?

Maca24

My guy with opener talent. Has been beastly. Highly recommend it as a talent.

Nails

They'd be a waste in my worthless YA.  I can't help but keep wanting to buy more players maybe should have saved some $ for EOS...

when do we get our PM and when can we start buying players for EOS with it? :D

FMDT, I need some talents but I can't keep affording them... too many players too few $

Mo money mo problems.

Justin Bieber

PM comes after EOS updates tommorrow or Sunday. FTP will go down for a couple of hours which means the update is happening. After it's done, should get your Prizemoney 8).

He's Rea/Rea so could get to Rel/Rel by the time he enters your seniors if you wanted him? But the offer will stand into next season as well if anybody wants.

I have players who have ok talents and some with useless ones. But as long as they can do well on the pitch, no need for talents 8). Gifted Bowl/Bat/Tech is very handy if you are looking for a young player. Accumulator/Boundary Hitter/Opener/Finisher are all very handy. Some bowling ones are good and are CERTAIN to give you bonuses like NBB andf OBB. The talents like Flipper, Yorker, etc are one off's and can get you a wicket or two occasionally but don't bob up more than once or twice a game (if that).

Nails

As far as talents I seem to get them a few times a game from each bowler in some games...

but don't know if I got one today... Seem to come up more in games I'm not the favourite...

In the match I won as underdog 106,000 vs 131,000 I got two slower ball wickets in the first over :D

Nails

AFEV

nnnoooooooooooooooooo

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 04:40:59 PM
nnnoooooooooooooooooo

Don't hate on the Ud-Din fellas

I quite often just search the TM by Pakistan to see if there are any Ud-Din blokes for sale.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 04:46:32 PM
Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 04:40:59 PM
nnnoooooooooooooooooo

Don't hate on the Ud-Din fellas

I quite often just search the TM by Pakistan to see if there are any Ud-Din blokes for sale.
???
I was just saying that he is well below par and shouldn't be touched ;)