Started by Maca24, June 30, 2011, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 01, 2011, 12:29:33 AM
Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 12:28:39 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on July 01, 2011, 12:21:56 AM
Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 12:15:02 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on July 01, 2011, 12:04:30 AM
Nails, Ud-Din vs Lesnar would be an enthralling contest on a crumbling/windy  :P

I'm sorry but it's probably because he's not good enough to be in the same universe/league/division as Ud-Din but....

Lesnar?  ???
You have obviously been spending to much time frothing over your spud spinner.  ;)
Brock Lesnar, the original and still the best king of spin.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=279742

Left armed... queer...

Spec summary vs Exceptional summary...
Useless talents (imo) vs Armball
40k rating vs 46.9k rating
except tech vs spec tech :(
reasonable exp vs reliable exp

yes Lesnar is younger... but for now... Ud-Din = the destroyer :D
Seriously nails you need to get over your man crush for Ud-Din. As proven today he is not as great as you claim him to be, there are much better players in other FF teams ;)

I know, but when it comes to my division levels... Ud-Din = high chance of taking a trophy.  He got spanked by someone rated like 50,000 higher rated than me... not too much of a surprise really...

How much could I sell Ud-Din for... if I put him up for sale now?

Sid = Alex, yes?

Challenge Team
There are no free challenge slots available within the next two weeks

AFEV

Actually, surprise.
a team of players with his skill set would rate 180-210k, so he should be able to handle that.
YOu just need to stop thinking he is a wicket taker.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
Actually, surprise.
a team of players with his skill set would rate 180-210k, so he should be able to handle that.

He's exceptional summary... my 2nd best bowler is reliable summ with 3rd/4th best capable summary...

He's going to take a lot more wickets than my other bowlers for now... it would seem?

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
Actually, surprise.

He's exceptional summary... my 2nd best bowler is reliable summ with 3rd/4th best capable summary...

He's going to take a lot more wickets than my other bowlers for now... it would seem?
In perfect conditions against inferior opponent he might take 4 or 5.
But in no way will he become a strike bowler that will win you matches with wickets.

Nails

How much would he sell for if I put him up now?

AFEV

Not sure. A fair bit, you definitely got him for a good price.

Maca24

Thanks Sid. Nails you got owned  8)
Ud-Din hasnt proved himself yet.

Perrhaps we should start a Fanfooty best XI?  :)
Know the Shaggy squad has been made but still.

Nails

Meh... Ud-Din 6-44 against Hilly and Ud-Din 0-62 when he got hugely penalised for opening the bowling and down on confidence in his second spell :(

He did have a dropped catch on his bowling too...

Any chance Ud-Din would go for $200,000+ ? I was thinking with that money I could maybe afford two accomplished summary players with lesser wages, and being two of them better for my team...

Despite the fact it'd break my heart, Ud-Din would understand that at the end of the day, it's just business and I was thinking if I were to sell him, now would be the time seeing as his summary reads as exceptional...

AFEV

Great idea I reckon.
Instead of having Shaggy pick the team we could have votes and stuff 8)
As well as a second XI!

I like this, consider it started

Won't read as excep when he sells due to form resets at EOS.
Might, I think no myself but I am often wrong.

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 12:46:00 AM
Meh... Ud-Din 6-44 against Hilly and Ud-Din 0-62 when he got hugely penalised for opening the bowling and down on confidence in his second spell :(

Any chance Ud-Din would go for $200,000+ ? I was thinking with that money I could maybe afford two accomplished summary players with lesser wages, and being two of them better for my team...

Despite the fact it'd break my heart, Ud-Din would understand that at the end of the day, it's just business and I was thinking if I were to sell him, now would be the time seeing as his summary reads as exceptional...
Still you have only played on a crumbling/windy.
How could you contemplate selling him when your so obsessed? You realise your only going to get 50% of his sale price.
Yep Sid Ill start the Thread now! We can both manage it?

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on July 01, 2011, 12:50:06 AM
Quote from: Nails on July 01, 2011, 12:46:00 AM

Still you have only played on a crumbling/windy.
How could you contemplate selling him when your so obsessed? You realise your only going to get 50% of his sale price.
Yep Sid Ill start the Thread now! We can both manage it?

57%

I got him for 71k therefore at 250k (highly unlikely yes?) I'd still retain 142.5K and double my money... what would be better? Keeping Ud-Din or using $142K to wisely invest at EOS elsewhere?

It's going to be a win/win

He gets bought: Cool, lots of money to play with

He doesn't: It only costs 1K, he's still a gun for my side.

Na I can't sell the heart and soul of my own team what am I thinking?!

AFEV

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 12:52:52 AM
Fo sho @ Maca!
Fanfooty NAT Squad or Fanfooty Hall Of Fame? Thinking of a little name for the finished product.  :P

AFEV

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on July 01, 2011, 12:57:47 AM
FF NT Squad 8)
Sweet  8) Think we can have a review of the FF NAT Squad at the end of each season.
Players who get moved on can be put in the Former Members list.