Main Menu

The EOS Thread

Started by Maca24, June 30, 2011, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I've bought a No. 3, No. 2, RFS with Doosra, and a RFM with Yorker.

Bazinga

Quote from: Sid on July 06, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on July 06, 2011, 04:16:56 PM
My EOS has been a fizzer  :( I had such high expectations to.. haha.
I am half way there, got my bowler.
Been a let-down so far though :x

Definitely been a let down for me. I expected a lot more quality 20yr old batsman on the market, but the only good ones so far have gone for more than $500k   >:( >:(   hoping to bag one in the next couple of days   ::)

cookie311993

i have money but i still am unsure what i need for my team. Any suggestions? i was thinking invest into academies and then store the rest and let it pile up from high gate takings. Ideas/suggestions?

CrowsFan

What are your academy levels at currently cookie?
Is there any area of your team that you really need to improve?

Bazinga

Quote from: Master Q on July 06, 2011, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on July 06, 2011, 03:43:10 PM
Not worth it Cic  ..  by the time you train his endo/power up to an acceptable level he will be 30 and start plopping.
Baz I just realised you've only posted 250 times  :P I thought you were a coach or something...

I'd be a coach if the cricket board and FB counted towards posts   :P  i really should post more in the SC & DT sections but I couldn't be bothered .. I love my FTP too much  ;)

cookie311993

Cf i am pretty happy with my seniors. a good combination of youth and experience. Excellent senior and inadequate youth. I was thinking getting both some pops and then not sure.

CrowsFan

Well if your happy with your team you might as well invest in your academies :)

cookie311993

yeah might as well do that then i guess. my weakness is my batting but if i improve academy then i can get Cook up quickly and can get my keeper up

BratPack

Haha ditto. Like I said. Everyone I want is probably past where I want to pay. Thinking about just hammering YA to oblivion. (With my oldies there's no point working on SA at the moment). Unless I land a couple of 20 year olds.

valkorum

Quote from: valkorum on July 06, 2011, 02:20:34 PM
How much do you think this guy would go for?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=422644

What would you think I get for this player if I sold him

cookie311993

i am hoping to get a few packed stadiums this season to really help the gate takings. 100k a week in gate takings last season should improve significantly i am hoping

BratPack

Quote from: valkorum on July 06, 2011, 05:57:42 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 06, 2011, 02:20:34 PM
How much do you think this guy would go for?

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=422644

What would you think I get for this player if I sold him

There's a 21 yr old who's similar sitting at 21k with a day to go but he's gifted in fielding and has Cap Captaincy.

40-50k maybe?

valkorum

Maca24

Quote from: BratPack on July 06, 2011, 05:55:49 PM

Haha ditto. Like I said. Everyone I want is probably past where I want to pay. Thinking about just hammering YA to oblivion. (With my oldies there's no point working on SA at the moment). Unless I land a couple of 20 year olds.
Yea same. I eventually gave in and overpayed on my new guy.
Unfortunately I need some fillers atleast so dont think I can invest heaps in academies like I wanted to.