Main Menu

The EOS Thread

Started by Maca24, June 30, 2011, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 30, 2011, 10:41:22 PM
Can't set deadlines PB, they're all 3 days...

Man so many listed guns that I want...

I might just look at getting a couple 30yo guns and finish my side with them whilst the rest of my side develops.
Didn't kno about the deadlines.

Nails

http://fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=67180

If I had him and Ud-Din bowling in tandem... orgasmic....

I'd be earning negative $ per week though... until gate takings... lol

AFEV

Huge wage Nails.
Also he has been trained poorly, especially given he is a finger spinner.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on June 30, 2011, 10:49:36 PM
Huge wage Nails.

Why is that? World class bowling, Outstanding tech and outstanding exp...

is it because of the tech gap? How important is technique in comparison to bowling?

AFEV

A finger spinner with a tech gap like that will not serve his purpose and will cost a showerload in wages each week.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on June 30, 2011, 10:50:57 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 30, 2011, 10:49:36 PM
Huge wage Nails.

Why is that? World class bowling, Outstanding tech and outstanding exp...

is it because of the tech gap? How important is technique in comparison to bowling?
I saw this bloke too. Too much $$ for me.

Nails

Quote from: Sid on June 30, 2011, 10:51:58 PM
A finger spinner with a tech gap like that will not serve his purpose and will cost a showerload in wages each week.

How bad does tech hurt though?

I see guys with quality bat/bowl skills but then really bad tech skills and still get decent summaries  ???

PowerBug

I think we should take a breather. If i had someone in my team with outs in tech, i'd be over the moon. I'd would sack the reswt of the team and only play that guy.

AFEV

Doesn't matter though PB, with outs tech and wc bowling he will concede runs, which is exactly the opposite of what a rfs does.
A cent spent on this player is a cent wasted. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on June 30, 2011, 11:02:17 PM
Doesn't matter though PB, with outs tech and wc bowling he will concede runs, which is exactly the opposite of what a rfs does.
A cent spent on this player is a cent wasted. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
But he'd own in the bottom leagues, where Nails and I are at?

CrowsFan

Quote from: PowerBug on June 30, 2011, 11:15:40 PM
But you don't need him in the bottom leagues. In the bottom leagues he is wasted and you are spending way too much money on hi each week

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:37:24 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:23:47 PM
HP, I have Minus 19K at the moment. I guess that means I cant list anyone until I get gate takings 2moro nite?  :-\
To add to the above, Another problem has been found  :-\
Lesnar, my 23yr old GUN has popped to Exceptional Tech when I was training fielding  ???
I bet his wage will be mammoth now? Ah why couldnt you pop next week you barbie haha.
Guess you'll have to wait until after tommorrow night. Means he'll only end AFTER financial update = you are with his wage for another week :(. It hurts but lets hope he sells for that little extra to cover that cost :).
I hate a Primary/Tech pop last week of the season. Little use = Season long of extra wages ::). But Ouch on Lesnar as Exceptional is just :o.

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 11:17:20 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on June 30, 2011, 11:15:40 PM
But you don't need him in the bottom leagues. In the bottom leagues he is wasted and you are spending way too much money on hi each week

In my SOD league the 3rd place side rated 125,000 so we do need some decent players, probably not his standard obviously...

So Technique = how many runs they leak? Like whether they bowl tight regular lines... i.e. whether they're a Glenn McGrath or a Mitchell Johnson kind of thing?

Difference between a lfs and rfs for technique et al?  ???

Bazinga

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 30, 2011, 11:28:45 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:37:24 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:23:47 PM
HP, I have Minus 19K at the moment. I guess that means I cant list anyone until I get gate takings 2moro nite?  :-\
To add to the above, Another problem has been found  :-\
Lesnar, my 23yr old GUN has popped to Exceptional Tech when I was training fielding  ???
I bet his wage will be mammoth now? Ah why couldnt you pop next week you barbie haha.
Guess you'll have to wait until after tommorrow night. Means he'll only end AFTER financial update = you are with his wage for another week :(. It hurts but lets hope he sells for that little extra to cover that cost :).
I hate a Primary/Tech pop last week of the season. Little use = Season long of extra wages ::). But Ouch on Lesnar as Exceptional is just :o.

Just because a player pops in primary/tech doesn't mean that their wage will be significantly higher than if he didn't pop. Wages are valued on sub-levels of a players primary skills, not their actual level of skill. A player who pops in a skill in the last week of a season will have a very similar wage compared to a player who is very close to the same pop.

CrowsFan

That's what I thought baz