With 4 trades left is it ideal to trade this week

Started by A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT, June 30, 2011, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT

ok no trades this week but will be keeping a close eye on adcock, shaw, callinan and co in the following weeks

Andrew

Lower's going to have to be permanent as Heppell cops a DT finals bye. So upgrade Heppell for your first final and make sure your 2 other trades are shipping out Johnson & Gibbs in the finals!

dmagnus

I dont understand why people would trade gibbs out, wouldnt you need him and the Geelong players in the GF?
or is it a trade in and out?

upthemaidens

Quote from: dmagnus on June 30, 2011, 07:33:47 PM
I dont understand why people would trade gibbs out, wouldnt you need him and the Geelong players in the GF?
i guess it would depend on the particular match-up in the finals games, but yeah i wouldnt be tradeing either of them out.  spose there will be people who have lots of trades come finals and can get rid of gibbs and co. then the following week just bring'em back in

bundyboy

Quote from: Fenno on June 30, 2011, 05:28:15 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on June 30, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: simma1978 on June 30, 2011, 04:51:32 PM
In short NO, it is not ideal to trade this week with only 4 trades left!!!!
+1    do not trade, place some gaffer tape over the trade button
+2 quit thinking how you can improve your team and start thinking how you can complete the season with no 0s. Save trades for injuries

+ 3

DONT TRADE

Chopps

might as well use those two trades to get another premo and rest the one you will ship out and back

Andrew

Quote from: dmagnus on June 30, 2011, 07:33:47 PM

Unless you've got 8 premium backs, you can't afford to have Gibbs miss an preliminary final in a DT league game - unless of course you've got the prior knowledge that your opponent doesn't have the trades to move him on! So I'm planning to have the trades and money to get whoever I want for Gibbs' bye in round 23 - most likely Birchall as he plays Gold Coast the next round but Fisher is another option.

Heppell I'll wait and see, he could be my last midfield upgrade for the grand final but I'll probably pull the trigger a week or two earlier than that. That'd definately be an upgrade as he's shown some poor scoring recently.

The Geelong players are an interesting situation, as having some of them could mean you're good enough to get a DT semi-final bye when they also take a bye. I'm hoping Enright & Chapman do that for me and if it does eventuate I won't trade them. But again having someone of Enright's or Chapman's value/quality on the bench for a semi-final is too big a risk.

A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT

to be honest i couldnt give a stuf if i lost my league finals but still was ranked higher throughout the year. I am going for overall highest rank possible. currently sitting outside to 10,000 but have climbed down from 50,000 and last 3 weeks have all been 2000 plus

upthemaidens

Quote from: A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT on June 30, 2011, 11:52:33 PM
to be honest i couldnt give a stuf if i lost my league finals but still was ranked higher throughout the year. I am going for overall highest rank possible. currently sitting outside to 10,000 but have climbed down from 50,000 and last 3 weeks have all been 2000 plus
well if u dont care about league, than just do as many upgrades u can, stack the bench with fallen premiums, and hope..
   people here can only give advice on the info thats provided,  to be honest I also couldnt give a stuff if you win your league finals either    ;D

Chopps

overall still needs trades for ltis and donuts with 4 left your in for an intersting 10 rounds if you trade this week 2 for 9 is gonna make interesting, if you want overall best if you trade now i think you are gonna gain then if you run out of trades you will slide very quickly