With 4 trades left is it ideal to trade this week

Started by A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT, June 30, 2011, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT

4 trades left 250k in the bank and i have lower and heppel as pernament starters in defence.
I want to dongrade mckernan to callinan as well as mpp and am also looking at trading david swallow to tom rockliff. i know i could probably wait on these trades esecially callinan because he has the bye next week.
i plan to trade lower to either adcock or shaw depending on who has best form in next couple of weeks which would leave me with 1 trade left for finals but saying that pretty much every player on my bench is playing except brad moran

do i wait on the two trades listed above or what are my other options. want to upgrade swallow to a premium and have 7 premiums. I read a post from some guy and he said he was planning for 7 premiums so he could have cover for finals byes and injuries. if i was to trade swallow should i wait a few more weeks for him to peak and a premium to fall or get rockliff in now. are there any other cheap premium mids this week. chappy or fyfe but they both have injury and bye problems with them

LF

could you post your team here so we can give you better advice :)

glam77

with 4 trades left i think mckernan to callian is a waste. only gonna net you $50k.

$250k in the bank should give you enough for a couple of reasonable upgrades at some stage.

means you have maybe 1 opportunity for a downgrade at some stage and 1 final upgrade, so i'd be wanting more than $50k for that final downgrade, cos it won't give you much of an opportunity for a good upgrade.

gibbs, lids, suckling, enright, rawlings, heppell, lower
l.thompson, hibberd, howard

swan, pendles, shiels, boyd, ablett, a.swallow
jacobs, d.swallow, mzungu

cox, smith
moran, vardy

johnson, goodes, franklin, cloke, riewoldt, watts, i.smith
dawes, mckernan, lynch

in bold are trade targets
have 254k left and 4 trades

only really want callinan for mpp with mzungu because i.smith and goodes are foward line starters

with that team will i need trades up my sleeve for finals. a.swallow is really annoying me with inconsistency so i want to get an extra premium and play a.swallow as 8th bench and he can cover injury/finals byes

simma1978

In short NO, it is not ideal to trade this week with only 4 trades left!!!!

upthemaidens

Quote from: simma1978 on June 30, 2011, 04:51:32 PM
+1    do not trade, place some gaffer tape over the trade button

Fenno

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 30, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: simma1978 on June 30, 2011, 04:51:32 PM
+1    do not trade, place some gaffer tape over the trade button
+2 quit thinking how you can improve your team and start thinking how you can complete the season with no 0s. Save trades for injuries

Windigo

thatguy

TBH mate you are stuffed. 4 trades now, you have to use some in finals unless you are prepared to ride swallow, gibbs etc on the pine and you will get hit with injuries along the way.

LF

i agree with the 2 previous posts.looking at your team i think you'll be ok not to trade yet.and definately don't trade a.swallow you have other trades that you will need to do later in the season.

lower is pernamnet starter for the momet. i plan to upgrade him soon. possibly in a few weeks i could straight swap or even downgrade to adcock

i wasnt planning on trading andrew i was planning on david

so in short dont dont trade this week just sit back and let things unfold until a better scenario comes up

Windigo

Quote from: A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT on June 30, 2011, 05:33:07 PM
lower is pernamnet starter for the momet. i plan to upgrade him soon. possibly in a few weeks i could straight swap or even downgrade to adcock

so in short dont dont trade this week just sit back and let things unfold until a better scenario comes up

I wouldn't be trading until finals now. Just gunna have to cop it on the chin.

upthemaidens

Quote from: A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT on June 30, 2011, 05:33:07 PM

lonely guy it really depends on what you're trying to achieve,,  if u are just trying to get as high up the ranking then you can just blow your trades and hope for no injuries (but that never happens,remember there are still 10 weeks left)
  if you are going for league win, and you are gunna make top 8 fairly easily, than you have to keep the trades otherwise you will be swamped in the semi or prelim