Previous topic - Next topic

Leaving my backs too weak?

Yep
2 (16.7%)
Nope
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

elephants

Is it weak to save a trade and rotate through one of Heppell, Puopolo, Hibberd, Jacobs, Howard as my 7th forward?
All these blokes are capable of 90+ scores and with such a variety I think I could pick the right one each week.
I'll be saving a trade.
Thoughts?

My backline will be...
Goddard, Gibbs, suckling, enright, fisher, rawlings, rookie

Fireballz

I'm being a bit of a post whore tonight but I think that's a good plan. Given the quality of backmen this season you'd probably only lose somewhere around 5 points on average at most.

Andrew

Even scoring 90, it'll still be 20+ less than what guys like Scotland, Birchall, and Heath Shaw can pull. Scotland & Birchall in particular do 100+ consistently. Look for an upgrade of one of the players you listed for Scotland or Birchall - Heath Shaw if you're worried about byes. Adcock a smokey for you as it'd be a straight swap in terms of price, but get someone who'll average 90+ not score it once or twice.

elephants

Yeah cheers ballz. I've made two threads on as many minutes so I'm in the same boat. I'd say an extra five points a round isn't worth the trade.

Fireballz

Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2011, 12:43:35 AM
Even scoring 90, it'll still be 20+ less than what guys like Scotland, Birchall, and Heath Shaw can pull. Scotland & Birchall in particular do 100+ consistently. Look for an upgrade of one of the players you listed for Scotland or Birchall - Heath Shaw if you're worried about byes. Adcock a smokey for you as it'd be a straight swap in terms of price, but get someone who'll average 90+ not score it once or twice.
A score of 90 is 40 points more than Heath Shaw can squat out on any given day. The guy is over rated.

The problem with Scotland and Birchall is their byes will leave you short if you also have Gibbs and Suckling and I assume a few other Hawks as well).

Andrew

Quote from: Fireballz on June 30, 2011, 12:51:31 AM
Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2011, 12:43:35 AM
A score of 90 is 40 points more than Heath Shaw can squat out on any given day. The guy is over rated.

The problem with Scotland and Birchall is their byes will leave you short if you also have Gibbs and Suckling and I assume a few other Hawks as well).

Fair call on Heath Shaw but I'd prefer to roll the dice with him than play Puopolo or Howard as was listed. Wait the weeks and get Birchall after the Hawks bye.

elephants

I'll look at my trade situation on round 18. Poo -> Birch could be nice but.... four trades??

LaHug

I'm doing exactly that, LE (but twofold until Adcock gets back).
Gibbs, Deledio, Suckling, Enright, Goddard, Adcock, Heppell (Stanley, Duigan, Puopolo)
Firstly, I can't afford or warrant the trade.
Secondly, makes it a bit more fun and exciting having to choose a different guy each week!

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on June 30, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
I'll look at my trade situation on round 18. Poo -> Birch could be nice but.... four trades??

4 trades is ok for league finals if that's what you're worried about. Otherwise, most in the top 100 for League have blown more trades than that!

Puopolo -> Birchall is nice and definately adds at least 20 points a game. It works nicely because they're from the same team, meaning same byes, so technically not reducing the score of your team that week as you wouldn't of been playing Puopolo the week of Birchall's bye anyway?

elephants

Going for overall so i only really want the trades saved for injuries...?