Main Menu

Tomic

Started by Boomz, June 30, 2011, 12:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 01:54:59 AM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 30, 2011, 01:53:40 AM
He put on a good show ;) a set off the in form player in the world isn'y a bad return and it could easily have gone to 5...
Thats what Im dissapointed, Tomic deserved another set.

Yeah fair call.

Tsonga looks like beating federer...

AFEV

Oh great now they are making us watch another Aussie loss :|

North Melbournes Finest

Why the flower are they making us watch these douches play? Who plays double's tennis with your brother and does a chest bump after every point won? No but seriously why are they showing a game we already know the end result to?

AFEV

soutter

Federer gone  ::) I'm never betting on tennis again!  >:(

Goodnite.

Holz

djokovic didnt play his best best but i was very impressed with tomic, im a djokvic fan so im going for him to win the tournament and take out the number 1 spot. Djokovic v Tsonga should be go Jo has abit of an edge but you cant argue with novaks record this year. Pity fed is down i just hope either novak or murray win the tournament, i dont go for andy but i hope he wins wimbledon.

Luigi197

Good try, Tomic did his best. Well done young man!! :)

Federer gone :D

Fletch74

Well done Bernie. Up to 72 in the world now. No more qualifying for tournaments. By this time next year, he should be in the Top 25.

Awesome work :D

Maca24

Quote from: Fletch74 on June 30, 2011, 09:34:09 AM
Well done Bernie. Up to 72 in the world now. No more qualifying for tournaments. By this time next year, he should be in the Top 25.

Awesome work :D
Yea now that would be cool  8)

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on June 30, 2011, 03:14:05 AM
djokovic didnt play his best best but i was very impressed with tomic, im a djokvic fan so im going for him to win the tournament and take out the number 1 spot. Djokovic v Tsonga should be go Jo has abit of an edge but you cant argue with novaks record this year. Pity fed is down i just hope either novak or murray win the tournament, i dont go for andy but i hope he wins wimbledon.
Yeah I like Djokovic but Tsonga brings such passion and energy to the game, hard not to like him.

Holz

Quote from: elephants on June 30, 2011, 12:17:29 PM
Quote from: Holzman on June 30, 2011, 03:14:05 AM
Yeah I like Djokovic but Tsonga brings such passion and energy to the game, hard not to like him.

he is fun to watch and seems like a nice guy i just don't like the way he acts on court. Its probably more due to the fact im a djokovic and there seems to be a bit of a somewhat frinedly rivalry between them, as long as nadal doesnt win the title im happy. Djokoivc has been the best player this year and derserves the number 1 spot and wimbledon, murray deserves a grandslam and wimbledon would take alot of pressure of him and tsonga after that comeback and his run in the AO in 08 is impressive. Not saying nadal doesnt deserve it but i think these guys more so.

North Melbournes Finest

You add Nadal is an absolute toss bag and I agree I'd like anyone else other than him to win it.

Holz

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on July 01, 2011, 01:55:15 AM
You add Nadal is an absolute toss bag and I agree I'd like anyone else other than him to win it.

I disagree I have respect for nadal he is a great player and probably an even better person, i just want someone else to win. I don't think there are many sportsman in the world who would continue to play through injury out of respect of his opponent like he did this year in the AO. Out of interest why do you feel this way, i have heard people say similar things about fed and i just dont get it, i think from the top 3 in mens tennis you cant get a much more classier group.

hawk_88

I had similar thoughts about Nadal for quite a while.

I put it down to a difference in cultural interpretations of mannerisms, fashion, etc. He initially came accross as arrogant and a bit of a poor sport. He has probably mellowed a bit with age and I have become more familiar with him as a person as he presents himself in the media because I think muh higher of him.

Federer on the other hand, I have, and always had, the utmost respect for the way he conducts himself on and off the court. I think some people have interpreted the crying as some sort of ego trip but I have always felt it was very genuine.

AFEV

Well damn, if I dedicated my entire life to 1 thing (outside family) and I was finally regarded as the best I'd be crying as well.
I like that he opened his heart to the public like that, as though he was sharing his win with his nation and the world.