Main Menu

The Worst Draft Ever

Started by c4v3m4n, June 29, 2011, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

So I will actually be here when this starts at 7.30 so I can make the first pick myself :)

c4v3m4n

No problems CF. Looking forward to the story behind your pick.

c4v3m4n

The draft opens in 10 minutes!  ;D

c4v3m4n

THE DRAFT IS NOW OPEN!!!

CrowsFan, its over to you!

CrowsFan

Well time to pick the number 1 player in this draft, and no it is not the burger eating man you thought it would be  ;)
I pick Chris Groom at pick 1 8)

Groom was a CHF prospect, starting his career at the Crows, but in 2 seasons only managed 12 games and 8 goals. Ahead of the '95 season he was traded to Fremantle. There he lasted only one season playing just 7 games before being delisted at the end of the season. North Melbourne then picked him up where he was on the list for 3 seasons but only playing 5 times, before retiring from football. So in total he played 24 games scoring 27 goals as a forward.

You may think that shouldn't warrant him being pick 1 as the worst player in AFL, but the reason in my mind why he is ick 1 is due to his trade from the Crows to the Dockers. To get Groom Fremantle traded none other than Andrew McLeod for him. Yes the same McLeod that played 340 games for the Crows, won 2 norm smith medals and is probably the greatest indigenous player of all time. Fremantle traded a superb player for an absolute spud, which makes him the worst player for the draft :)

c4v3m4n

I think it's pretty obvious who I'm going to take...

....yes, my first pick in the Spud Draft is, the one, the only...

...Burger Boy.

No, not that Burger Boy. This Burger Boy.

Relton Roberts was a great prospect recruited from the Top End to the Richmond Football Club in 2010.

He only managed 2 games with Richmond before being dropped. His demise came after he was warned before a VFL match for eating a hamburger. Since then, he has returned to the Top End to play footy for NT Thunder.

A great captain for my team. ;D ;D

c4v3m4n's team:

FB: -----, -------, -----
HB: -----, -------, ------
C: -------, -------, -------
HF: ------, -------,-------
FF: Roberts,-------,--------
Followers: --------, -------, --------
I/C --------, -------, --------, --------

CrowsFan

Surely you have to play them in the positions they actually played? Otherwise that is just stupid

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 08:49:00 PM
Surely you have to play them in the positions they actually played? Otherwise that is just stupid

I dunno...the point was to make the worst team possible...   ;)

...though if people reckon they should be drafted to their actual positions, I'm fine with that. Someone will have to tell me where he played though, cause I certainly dont have a clue!  ;D

CrowsFan

He was a forward pocket.
Well I think they should play where they actually did, otherwise you would just pick really short players to play as ruckmen and other key position players...

Maca is up now

c4v3m4n

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 30, 2011, 08:54:03 PM
He was a forward pocket.
Well I think they should play where they actually did, otherwise you would just pick really short players to play as ruckmen and other key position players...

Maca is up now
I agree with CF, otherwise its a bit silly. Relton is a forward pocket or maybe an onballer?

Ok my pick is... Murray Vance

Picked by Carlton with the 6th pick in 1998, this spud played 5 games and kicked 1 goal.
Then played reserves, then got the sack.

bomberboy0618

Richard lounder, no1 draft pick, 4 games, 4 goals.

pothead

John Meesen  picked no.8 in 2004 draft. played six games for two clubs then melbourne decided he was crap so they made him an part time developement coach

AFEV

I'm taking Clinton Wolf.
In short, he was no good.

Boomz

Number one draft pick of the 1990 AFL Draft... Stephen Hooper. Managed a grand total of 21 games before being delisted.