Jack Watts

Started by fidou, June 29, 2011, 09:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

Just putting this guy out there! His last 5 games have scored an average of 93.5! and an average of 98.3! in his last 3 games. I seem to remember an article in a newspaper about a month ago comparing Watts with Hurley which put Watts in a bad light. Maybe this has put a cracker up him to perform or something I don't know but something has happened to the No 1 draft pick of 2009. Have look at Melbournes draw for the finals. Its food for thought eh!!!!!!

elephants

If you really want to but i'd rather get a 'real' premium.
Maybe look at Watts next year?

Andrew

Quote from: elephants on June 29, 2011, 09:55:47 PM
If you really want to but i'd rather get a 'real' premium.
Maybe look at Watts next year?

+1.

TheBeatles

Give him a miss but love your photo fidou!!!!!!!!

salver11

Quote from: fidou on June 29, 2011, 09:22:25 PM
Just putting this guy out there! His last 5 games have scored an average of 93.5! and an average of 98.3! in his last 3 games. I seem to remember an article in a newspaper about a month ago comparing Watts with Hurley which put Watts in a bad light. Ma
I think this just shows how massively over rated Hurley is. A DT average of about 60 and this is just a guess but I wouldn't think that he'd even reached 15 goals yet this season.
As a bit of a Watts basher early I have to say i'm loving his stuff at the moment. He's looking much stronger and shorer of himself at the level. I say if your going for a bit of interest and someting different then go for it, If I had of gone that way instead of Slyvia a few weeks back I would have been getting blasted verbaly by my mates but winning on the score board! Stick it up em Jack!

A LONELY GUY WHO LOVES DT

while everyone i know was busy getting sylvia last week i got on boar with watts. he is great. wouldnt hesitate in getting him.

the raven

so far, in watts career he has been absolutely terrible. He is not a good footballer and he looks like a hack. He has prooved me wrong a few times and had a few good games but it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next few years. I still maintain my view that he is a terrible afl player (not dt player) but over the next few weeks/months/years I will follow him to see if he improves his status of being a dud.

Windigo

Quote from: the raven on June 30, 2011, 04:43:38 PM
so far, in watts career he has been absolutely terrible. He is not a good footballer and he looks like a hack. He has prooved me wrong a few times and had a few good games but it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next few years. I still maintain my view that he is a terrible afl player (not dt player) but over the next few weeks/months/years I will follow him to see if he improves his status of being a dud.

That statement is ludicrous. He has taken his game to another level and his steadily getting better. Might as well eat some humble pie because he will be great player. Passing judgment on a young kid.  ::)

chatters24

Quote from: fidou on June 29, 2011, 09:22:25 PM
Just putting this guy out there! His last 5 games have scored an average of 93.5! and an average of 98.3! in his last 3 games. I seem to remember an article in a newspaper about a month ago comparing Watts with Hurley which put Watts in a bad light. Maybe this has put a cracker up him to perform or something I don't know but something has happened to the No 1 draft pick of 2009. Have look at Melbournes draw for the finals. Its food for thought eh!!!!!!

Fidou I really like your thinking. This time of year it can be handy to have some uniques in your team, because if a big name is out for a few weeks (e.g. Selwood, Sandilands, etc) you can benefit from it as the mass struggles. Watt's looks like he's playing with a lot of confidence and could be a very handy pick up at $331k.

danoz

LOL only if you were strange enough to pick him up at the start of the year, and not trade him out in the first few rounds with frustration.