Two defending stars??

Started by elephants, June 29, 2011, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which trades are best?

Shaw (inconsistent but in a great team)
5 (18.5%)
Lids (still has a bye remaining)
12 (44.4%)
Birchall (unique, already have poo, suckers, Mitchell, Bailey, smith, buddy though)
2 (7.4%)
Scotland (easily has the best numbers of all the backmen and is super consistent, I'll have to cover Gibbs and Murphy in that round too however)
5 (18.5%)
Other, state please...
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

elephants

My back line is
Goddard, Gibbs, enright, suckling, rawlings, lower, Heppell
(Puopolo, Howard, hibberd)

I plan to drop lower -> fisher as well as Heppell -> ??

My question is, which premiums do I bring in.

bigdaddyg

What about Scotland?  I know he has the finals bye but his numbers are wicked this year, you could cover him with easy

elephants

I'll have to cover gibbsy and marc murphy in that round too but I suppose dpp will se me through. I'll add him to the poll. Thanks mate ;)

Talisman

Have to go D-Lids or Heath Shaw - both scoring/averaging really well & are fairly durable. Personally, I'd go Deledio.

You've got way too many Hawks at 6 to be even contemplating Birchall (& you'd be screwed come the Hawks' bye in your defence, with Suckling, Birchall & Poo all out), and you want to be minimising the number of North, Geelong, Blues & Essendon players at this stage - not increasing them! Therefore, with Gibbs & Murphy already, you couldn't possibly go for Scotland (even though he is killing it), as that could end up being the difference between winning and losing your SC Prelim final! (even if you think you have heaps of trades, that's 9 weeks away & you're bound to need to make many more injury-enforced trades between now & then)

elephants

Quote from: Talisman on June 29, 2011, 01:27:08 PM
Have to go D-Lids or Heath Shaw - both scoring/averaging really well & are fairly durable. Personally, I'd go Deledio.

You've got way too many Hawks at 6 to be even contemplating Birchall (& you'd be screwed come the Hawks' bye in your defence, with Suckling, Birchall & Poo all out), and you want to be minimising the number of North, Geelong, Blues & Essendon players at this stage - not increasing them! Therefore, with Gibbs & Murphy already, you couldn't possibly go for Scotland (even though he is killing it), as that could end up being the difference between winning and losing your SC Prelim final! (even if you think you have heaps of trades, that's 9 weeks away & you're bound to need to make many more injury-enforced trades between now & then)
Thanks man!
Firstly I'm going for overall and I don't really cconcentrate that hard on my leagues so the finals byes really don't worry me.
Secondly this is DT. In your reply you said SC finals, I don't know if shaw/lids score better on Sc than in dt but yeah, just in case their sc averages altered your decision this is for my dt team :)

underdog11

Quote from: bigdaddyg on June 29, 2011, 11:56:16 AM
What about Scotland?  I know he has the finals bye but his numbers are wicked this year, you could cover him with easy

agreed scotland is a ball magnet and look at his consistinsy is only got 1 score under 85

Memphistopheles

I just got in Scotland last week for Heppell and was delighted with the result.
You just have to pick him if you are going for overall. No other backman scores over 100 as consistently as he does.

elephants