What to do with Pendlebury?

Started by Hazza09, June 24, 2009, 02:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazza09

Not to sure what to do with Pendlebury

Collingwood say 1-3 weeks, though i reckon its a load of crap and he will miss 3-4.
Dont have much cover on my bench (Muston, Anthony) and only have 7 trades & 264.600 k

My Mid is: Ablett, Gibbs, Pendlebury (inj), Dal Santo, J Selwood, Rich, Muston & Anthony.

Before Pendlebury's injury i was going to trade Ziebell for S Johnson but i am not to sure now.

I am 7-2 in my league but next 3 league games are against 2nd, 3rd & 4th and i could lose all 3, only 3 teams in my league have Pendlebury and i have played them already.

Not to sure if i should keep Pendlebury and play with Muston or Anthony or trade Pendlebury for another premium and hold off on Ziebell-S johnson for now.

Any advice or trade ideas would be great.

pikla

Dont have much bench cover??? Both of those players will most likely be playing this weekend = plenty of cover.

Pendlebury only has a medial strain. He looked fairly good walking after the match and on the news the next day so it doesn't look that bad.
He is an absolute premium so any trade is going to be sideways and considering the pies are in top 4 contention I have no doubt he will be back ASAP even it that means at 80 or 90%

7 trades = DON'T TOUCH!!

Prospector_1

Do you think you'll stay in the 8 if you hold off trading?

Trades are going to be crucial going into the final, and there's still 6 games before that.

Anthony could get a game this week, and we're all expecting big things.

How long before you must move Ziebell on?

I'm a wait-and-see kinda guy!

Hawks_1976

Zeibell is finished.
Even if he is right to play around R20 or so, the Kangas would be well advised to put him on ice till next season.
So go ahead with the upgrade to Stevie J.
Pendlebury will miss 2, Muston and Anthony will provide good cover. You would be crazy to trade Pendles.
Especially when by R18 ( fantasy finals time ), he is carving out those big 150 scores.

superroach

are you able to do this trade.....

Pendelbury ----> Goodes

Ziebell ------> A.Davey

I couldn't get the site up to do the sums

Cheers Mate the roach

Hawks_1976

Gee Roach I think that is pretty ordinary advice from you, Pendlebury to Goodes.
This is a sideways trade between two players averaging the same.
Pendles likely to miss two.
In that fortnight, Goodes could score about 230pts.
Muston and/or Anthony in Pendleburys absence may only score around 130pts?
Is one trade worth 100pts?

chris

Yep if you got cover no use wasting a trade of a premium sideways when he could be out for only 1-2 weeks