Geeky question

Started by bindas123, June 28, 2011, 11:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bindas123

Really Sad I know....but is there such a thing as a Supercoach ladder predictor for your leagues ??

Thanks

ossie85

Nope! Wish there was though

gwilliams

Sounds like a challenge  ;D  Just had a look at how they organise fixtures and it looks pretty simple to work out who plays who for each round so it shouldn't be difficult to write a predictor program. I'll see what I can put together over the weekend.

I assume that we are talking about a predictor like on afl.com.au. I probably won't worry about margins and draws though. And will probably just have up to the end of the fantasy home and away games initially.

cortez

ossie85

Quote from: gwilliams on June 29, 2011, 08:52:44 AM
Sounds like a challenge  ;D  Just had a look at how they organise fixtures and it looks pretty simple to work out who plays who for each round so it shouldn't be difficult to write a predictor program. I'll see what I can put together over the weekend.

I assume that we are talking about a predictor like on afl.com.au. I probably won't worry about margins and draws though. And will probably just have up to the end of the fantasy home and away games initially.

Would be interested in the results of that myself!

Samm79

bomberboy0618

gwilliams

This is what I've got so far... It's scraping the ladder ok and I have worked out how to calculate the fixtures. Just need to do the predictor bit. Hopefully it will work for Supercoach, DT, Yahoo, Sportal, and Sportsbet.

http://home.netspeed.com.au/glennwilliams/ladder.jpg

Here's a link to the current version of the program, just click on the image. If you've got Java installed it should work. It runs the same way that FFGenie does so if FFGenie works for you then this should as well.

http://home.netspeed.com.au/glennwilliams/ffladder/

I may not get a chance to do the rest of it until the weekend, see how it goes.

GoldDigger

Love your work, Glenn. Know anything about forklift safety?

gwilliams

Ok it's done.

I've tested it with Firefox 5.0 and Internet Explorer 8 (meaning that I have used these browsers to get the html source to paste in to the ladder extractor dialog) and it seems to work. Potentially there is a bug or 2 in it, particularly if the team names in your league have strange characters in them  ;D

I've also tested it with Supercoach, DT, Yahoo, Sportal, and Sportsbet leagues.

The url to run it is the same as above ie. http://home.netspeed.com.au/glennwilliams/ffladder/

If you have run the earlier version of the program then clicking on the image on the above page should download the latest version.

pm me if you have any issues

Predict away...  ;D

gwilliams

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 30, 2011, 03:01:36 PM
Love your work, Glenn. Know anything about forklift safety?

Probably the safest thing to do is stay away from them, write computer programs instead  ;D

North Melbournes Finest

Thanks heaps Glenn, you could see this to supercoach makers, and make a few bucks off it I'd say. You made it in such a short time as well, if you made it a bit more extensive and added some of your own ideas and whatever into it I'd see a few sites liking to buy it. Like tooserious and fan footy etc. When it says "source code" what part of the html is that?

Thanks again man.

The return

just the best opinion! love the idea

gwilliams

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on July 02, 2011, 01:00:42 PM
When it says "source code" what part of the html is that?

First off, log in to Supercoach (or DT or whatever). Then go to the league ladder page.

In Firefox, you then go to the View menu and select Page Source. In the window that appears, go Ctrl-a (to select everything) and  Ctrl-c (to copy everything that you just selected). Go back to the extractor window and paste (Ctrl-v) and then hit the Extract button.

Same for Internet Explorer, except the view menu item is called Source

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: gwilliams on July 02, 2011, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on July 02, 2011, 01:00:42 PM
When it says "source code" what part of the html is that?

In Firefox, you just go to the View menu and select Page Source. In the window that appears, go Ctrl-a (to select everything) and  Ctrl-c (to copy everything that you just selected). Go back to the extractor window and paste (Ctrl-v) and then hit the Extract button.

Same for Internet Explorer, except the view menu item is called Source
I used Google Chrome, I don't suppose you know what to do for that one? I'll try and find it in the mean time.