Josh Toy News???

Started by wcarey, June 28, 2011, 10:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcarey

Anyone know what the story is as to whether he will get any more games??  Not on the GC injury list. He has become the Cam Richardson of my backline, only worse cos richo is getting a game now.  :'(

GoldDigger

Equally frustrated. He must get games soon, surely, though the news from the magoos is thin on the ground. Richo had been kiiling VFL for weeks prior to his return.

wcarey

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 28, 2011, 10:11:52 PM
Equally frustrated. He must get games soon, surely, though the news from the magoos is thin on the ground. Richo had been kiiling VFL for weeks prior to his return.

No mention in 'in the mix' on afl.com either. The thing that baffles me is that I thought he play well when he was in the side. seemed pretty composed in defence.

hardnut

the only news is he's still not near GCS best 22, big wraps but not ready to play a defensive role. A punt that hasn't and probably wont pay off for 2011

Problems

He's been getting regular games in the twos but never finishes in the best.

I'm hoping the rotation policy forces Guy to play him soon but I've been hoping that for months now  ::)

Macman5005

I also hear he is unhappy with the Gold Coast (and they with him). I don't have any proof but considering when he did play he played well, there could be something in that.

chaosAD

He was caught tuning Blueys misses, makes it hard to get a game after doing that !
Bluey asked the Misses what she was doing and she said "I'm playing with your Toy"!

GoldDigger

R.Griffen

Josh Toy is a great player but At Gold Coast there are to many players that take his role (eg) Brown, K.Hunt, Harbrow, Krakouer, (Stanley) when he playes in the backline and then there 2 tall Defenders Bock and Hutchins that is already 7 defenders so he will need to earn his Position

GoldDigger

Andrew

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 28, 2011, 11:05:39 PM
Josh Toy is a great player but At Gold Coast there are to many players that take his role (eg) Brown, K.Hunt, Harbrow, Krakouer, (Stanley) when he playes in the backline and then there 2 tall Defenders Bock and Hutchins that is already 7 defenders so he will need to earn his Position

That's probably close to why he's not getting a game.

I'm rueing not offloading this bloke when I had the chance, cashed in on Stanley to afford upgrades a few weeks back... I'll never do that again. If a bloke ain't playing because he can't make the cut, he's outta my side before anyone actually good enough to get a game. Very annoyed with Toy all round - I hopped off Duffield after the first 5 rounds for him.

hardnut

cardinal rule of mine is to not hold players dropped on form, they have to be the first to go regardless of BE's