Sorry D. Brogan, but your retirement announcement is a blessing for DT

Started by m_zulian, June 28, 2011, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_zulian

D. Brogan has announced his retirement at the end of year. The first thing that I thought when I heard this was job security for M. Lobbe had just sky rocketed. Brogan has a hamstring injury at the moment and most likely won't be rushed back and may play a farewell game when he returns.

Trade this week... Sandilands to M. Lobbe.
Lobbe is now good cover as a 3rd ruckman if Z. Smith is rested again.

bjay2308

lobbe is certainly an option especially with his DPP. he scored a 95 in a game where he got dominated by goldstein so good signs and obviously now he will get games as they NEED to develop a ruckman and hes the best candidate at this stage. im contemplating getting him for sandi and playing petrie in the ruck because theres not many cheap ruckman you could target eg. bailey etc who all have their own risks (injury, JS etc). certainly good news for lobbe

eski_liddr

had him since the first Sandi injury... scored well in his first game...well worth it

matt1985

yorgis

broges will prolly not play this week, but will see the season out !!!

matt1985

Do you think they will offer Lobbe more time in the rucks tho even if Brogen does play Yorgis?? They will have to get as much experiance into Lobbe for the remainder of the season. Could sit Broges up forward, and move him into ruck every now and then??

GoldDigger

Quote from: matt1985 on June 28, 2011, 09:45:00 PM
Do you think they will offer Lobbe more time in the rucks tho even if Brogen does play Yorgis?? They will have to get as much experiance into Lobbe for the remainder of the season. Could sit Broges up forward, and move him into ruck every now and then??

I think that is the VERY big question for fantasy footy, matt. I'm sure we'll all be watching every skerrick of news from PA to find an answer.

We are not the coach, we don't have the info that they have ...

Putting ourselves in their shoes doesn't work - if it did, we'd be REAL AFL coaches!

As fantasy coaches, we have to mostly rely on the evidence we can find, and maybe a bit of "gut feel".

hardnut

Be aware of Jarred Redden, pretty big wraps at the club and I think returning from injury, he'll get a run too I'd say, even Daniel Bass was noted by Primus as "in the mix" but he's on the rookie list. Lobbe was playing SANFL reserves (or about to) so lucky to get a game. I'd say they will rotate a few through and given the premium you pay for Lobbe over the other two it's an interesting choice from a DT perspective

yorgis

being a port supporter, i try to get as much info as possible. i know matty is not after wins [ altho' a few more would be nice]

he's not so much trying to develop their list as such, moreso wanting to see who has the potential and getting games into

them. bassy was always going to get games but was injured and has just come back, redden is another and lobbe showed he

was capable enough. broges said he will prolly miss this week with his hammy, so i presume lobbe will play. if he shows a bit

i reckon broges will tutor him for the rest of the season. jarrad irons and paul stewart are out for the season so bassy could get

promoted. i will be trading sandi for lobbe, coz i need cover for cox

GoldDigger

I need cover for Cox this week, Sandi next, unless McCauley gets a recall.

Griffin is of interest, so is Lobbe. JS is crucial, as there will be more carnage. 10 rounds is still a long time.

Many reckon McEvoy is your safest coverage, but having him won't move you up the ranks.

Andrew

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 28, 2011, 10:55:35 PM
I need cover for Cox this week, Sandi next, unless McCauley gets a recall.

+1, Brisbane surely need a ruck to support Leuenberger?! And Brogan is out with a hammy this week so you'd think Brisbane would try to exploit Lobbe.

hardnut

I've got Cox, Z.Smith and Petrie so JS is less of an issue, as such thinking Bass/Redden and maximising cash

GoldDigger

Maximising cash in the rucks is all about having a bottom pricer for R4. Turned out a bad strategy this year ... I shoulda had Smith along with Petrie, Cox, Sandi, instead of MacCauley!

hardnut

have had Petrie in fwds but happy to have him as permanent R2 (debatably R1) with Cox and pick up an extra fwd premium, much easier than guessing which ruck will carve

GoldDigger