Jed Adcock Will Be Back This Week-No Worries

Started by Windigo, June 28, 2011, 04:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

"Jed’s finger is going really well. He will train this week with the group. Really for this one it’s a comfort thing - if he’s not experiencing any discomfort with the finger then he’ll be available for selection this week."

I reckon it'll come up alright and he'll be ready to smash out the tons for us.

eski_liddr

Quote from: Windigo on June 28, 2011, 04:57:41 PM
"Jed’s finger is going really well. He will train this week with the group. Really for this one it’s a comfort thing - if he’s not experiencing any discomfort with the finger then he’ll be available for selection this week."

I reckon it'll come up alright and he'll be ready to smash out the tons for us.

Lets hope so! I've had the faith let's hope it pays off!

Bluke

Where is this from?

I'm assuming its Michael Voss speaking?

Windigo

Brisbane lions injury list manager.

Each club updates it injury list on Tuesday. You don't have to wait until tonight. Also, they have a little comment about eacch player. What you read was what the comment said.  ;)

yorgis

hope you right winnie !!! been warming ny bench with a few other premos. 'bout time one of them got off their big fats A"s

Bluesalltheway

I'll be a bit annoyed if he does come back this week, because i traded him out last week because I thought he was out for 4 weeks. I wasted a trade bringing him in two weeks ago, and know it looks like I wasted one trading him out!

Windigo

All we hope for now is that Voss plays him as a rebounding half back & not in back pocket!

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on June 28, 2011, 05:24:53 PM
All we hope for now is that Voss plays him as a rebounding half back & not in back pocket!

Absolutely! If he gets named I guess he'll have to be picked playing Port Adelaide... or is it wiser to wait & see how he goes this week before starting him? If I start him I can play Goddard in mids and not play Ben Jacobs - I'm worried he could be the sub for an away game... Your thoughts?

Windigo

I don't see how having a broken finger should affect your fitness too much.....Lions have heaps of young kids that can be given the vest. Adcock is the VC and he would have to have some say in what he wants to do.

He'll play the entire game.

CuStArDaRm

i only want him to play if he is 100%
have Pederson replacing him atm and he is killing it, wouldn't surprise me if he still outscored him.
heres hoping he gets his TOn form back in SC & DT!  ;D

hardnut

if you held him and he gets named play him I say. As Winnie says base fitness should be fine and will have worked all the other sore spots out, surely get the rebounding role.

The Grundles

Just when it looked like Michael Voss had some good news, Daniel Rich goes down with a stress reaction in his foot. Thankfully for the Lions coach, Jed Adcock will slot in nicely for Sunday's match against Port Adelaide after missing two matches with a broken finger.

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on June 28, 2011, 06:05:16 PM
I don't see how having a broken finger should affect your fitness too much.....Lions have heaps of young kids that can be given the vest. Adcock is the VC and he would have to have some say in what he wants to do.

He'll play the entire game.

I was referring to Ben Jacobs being sub for Port, do you think that will happen? I'm not ballsy enough to risk Benjac for an away game. But will Adcock's output be any good? I feel like it's a risk playing him, but switching Goddard into mids is too tempting.

hardnut

can't compare a rookie with an interrupted pre-season to Adcock. Zero risk of sub imo, the concern is the role he's given but since he was dominating in a mid-type role pre-injury that seems the obvious choice for Voss especially with Rich out

The Grundles

really hope Voss doesn't drop Golby for Adcock....I have both but Golby is one of my cash backs so need him to make $$$