Why not Gram?

Started by LaHug, June 28, 2011, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: LaHug on June 28, 2011, 09:57:08 PM
Quote from: Andrew on June 28, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
you only want guys who will average you 90+ at this point of the season.
90+ in the back line? Can you actually name 7 backs averaging 90+?

I've got Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Suckling, and Heath Shaw all averaging over 90. Throw in Birchall and Scotland who I haven't got and there's your 7 - not too hard..?

GoldDigger

Not too hard? I reckon that's gotta be it, surely ...

LaHug

And I'd rather not have two Blues and two Hawks in my backs with byes and stuff. I think 80+ average is definitely good for backs.

Alka

The only ones you missed were Fisher and Carrazzo. But carrots would make it 3 blues.
Adcock without his last 3 poor scores would be up there. And Goddard will be up there after a few more games.
That's pretty much it. Not many, and most of them have been very up and down.

I'm in a similar boat to you LH, $332300 for a straight-swap (which I also need to do to save trades).
The only real option is Gram. I'm not convinced on his JS though and so don't think I'll be doing it.

LaHug

Maybe just keep playing one of Stanley, Heppell, Duigan, Puopolo, Jacobs? (And two for now until Adcock is back)

hardnut

Gram is ok but it's clearly a compromised trade as you'd only do it if short of trade/cash. If you can manufacture a better out (and hopefully you can this early in the year) then do so and get Fisher. If not you probably need to hold trades not burn them on a mediocre DT player.

You know I say this with your best interest at heart LH  :)

GoldDigger

Quote from: hardnut on June 29, 2011, 12:18:22 AM... this early in the year...

It's really weird, some people reckon you should have completed your team - after all, R15 is on it's way.

Others are saying that there's 10 rounds to go - it's still early in the year.

Anyone wanna run a poll on whether it's early or late atm?

If no-one else did it already, I might have a go tomoz!

hardnut

it's basically a battle between total points - set early and just cover injury and league, build slowly and peak end of year. 99% of us are now league focussed (I'm rank 700'odd and no chance for car) so there is no  mad rush. Trades are invaluable at end of year.

LaHug

I would say you should be within at least two players of your final team by lockout. I'd feel safer saying within one.
By lockout, the only non-premium I'll be playing is whichever back rookie I play OR Gram. Either way, a fairly complete team.

hardnut

until you cop 1,2,3 injuries and realise you don't have the trades to fix and are knocked out of the finals by your spud mate who just snuck into the 8 but was lucky with injury. See it all the time on this site and everyone blames luck...hold your trades as long as you can, nothing lucky about having trade up your sleeve. I've got a near completed team but do not compromise on trade in targets, patience is king imo but that's the beauty of DT we all play different

LaHug

Well, if I don't use a trade on Gram (which I'm now thinking I won't), I'll have a complete team with HEAPS of cover and 5 trades left. Sound like enough?

hardnut

yep I think so but with only 5 left that really is LTI only country and hopefully you have a couple left for deep in the finals

LaHug

Well, can only wait and see for now :)

GoldDigger

I'm with hardnut here - 10 rounds is a long time in footy.

Andrew

Quote from: LaHug on June 28, 2011, 11:37:02 PM
And I'd rather not have two Blues and two Hawks in my backs with byes and stuff. I think 80+ average is definitely good for backs.

Fair enough but waiting the 3 weeks after the Hawks bye to get Suckling or Birchall is a far better idea than getting Gram. Gram is borderline to average 80 even.