Why not Gram?

Started by LaHug, June 28, 2011, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

For those who can't afford Fisher and don't have the trades for a downgrade/upgrade, why not get Jason Gram?
Priced at $280,300 with his last two games (i.e. since he came back into the side and since the Saints started playing alright again) of 81 and 88. Considering his low price tag, it's not a huge risk because it's a straight swap for most of our rookie backs. Surely he's only got up to go. No byes either. Worst case scenario is that he struggles and you bench him but still have a DPP and can continue playing Stanley or Puops or whoever you're playing at the moment.
I can't see the downside.
Why not Gram?

bjay2308

i can see the appeal some may see with him with a good 80 average and reasonable price but as a saints supporter i can assure you his JS right now is pretty minimal. last game he had many many clangers so unless he can improve his disposal he could find himself back in the vfl very soon

Windigo

I don't really like him. He was busting out good scores before he got dropped.

yorgis

it's a thought. saints have a slim chance of sneaking into the 8, playing port this week, and coming off the bye i reckon they will all be fired up

Windigo

Quote from: yorgis on June 28, 2011, 05:38:00 PM
it's a thought. saints have a slim chance of sneaking into the 8, playing port this week, and coming off the bye i reckon they will all be fired up

I'm getting Fisher regardless. His past few scores have been dynamite. But he'll get that dastardly tag from time to time......

yorgis

sorry my bad saints playing roos and port plying lions

Bazinga

If he can get back to the form he showed at the start of the year he could be a good buy. I'd only be getting him in if you cannot afford anyone else though.

chaosAD

I was thinking of Gram myself but after some solid thinking i reckon its time to be getting proven Premiums not taking risks on maybe's ! I took a punt on Scully and he has been serviceable with an 84 and a 92 the past two weeks. But if i had a my time again i would of gone for a Mitchell etc.
I think ill be double trading and getting Fisher in this week, its to risky IMO to be taking risks at this time of the season! 

Andrew

Give him another week at least to show some good form... you only want guys who will average you 90+ at this point of the season.

LaHug

Quote from: bjay2308 on June 28, 2011, 05:03:18 PM
as a saints supporter i can assure you his JS right now is pretty minimal. last game he had many many clangers so unless he can improve his disposal he could find himself back in the vfl very soon
Worrying... I can't see any other good options I can afford and don't have the trades to make a double. (Bringing in Swan this week for Mzungu)

Quote from: Windigo on June 28, 2011, 05:09:05 PM
He was busting out good scores before he got dropped.
Not really: 44, 71, 54 in his last three before he was dropped.

Quote from: Andrew on June 28, 2011, 06:00:50 PM
you only want guys who will average you 90+ at this point of the season.
90+ in the back line? Can you actually name 7 backs averaging 90+?

Considering I'm trading Mzungu --> Swan this week, I'll be down to 5 trades and can't afford the two trades needed to get Fisher. It's pretty much Gram or nobody...

GoldDigger

Right on the money imo, LH!

LaHug

GoldDigger

He is my most likely back trade, if I do one. If Adcock is back early, it makes it harder - I'd like to grab both while they're cheap, and I have Heppel and Lower topped out, but Sandi trade / Cox coverage comes first.

Chopps

i have had gram for a while apart from the three poor games and being dropped he is been good

LaHug

Chris Newman is another option around that price... Hasn't had his second bye and has a lower ceiling than Gram though.
I still like Gram!