Good, Bad or Ugly?

Started by lovepelican, June 24, 2009, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovepelican

How do you think my team is looking and the trades I am considering?

B: Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Enright, Purgoyne, Adcock, Broughton (Suban, Grima)

C: Judd, NDS, Corey, Selwood, Gibbs, Rich (Muston, Anthony)

R: Cox, Kreuzer (White, Jacobs)

F: Pav, Deledio, Brown, Chapman, Higgins, Roughead, Skippy (Sidebotton, Walker)

I have 12 trades left but not much cash. Barring LTI's and how other things pan out want to bring the following in by finals:

B: Drummond for Broughton/Grima
C: Ablett for Rich
F: Roo in for Skippy

I reckon I'll need 4 rookie downgrades to bring in enough cash (Suban, White, Walker, Sidebottom?) for the above.

That leaves me 5 trades for finals, bringing in form players and covering injuries!!

Any thoughts? Is Gibbs, Adock or Roughhead good enough for finals?

antman

you gotta trade down suban, sidebum and walker to get the cash to get ablett :)

lovepelican

Rich $420K
Ablett $710K ish at the moment, so need$290K.

All the rookies I mentioned about $250K, so should get be $160K from each trade, so need 2 for this trade.

Should need one each for the other two trades. So 4 in total. In theory.......

Hawks_1976

Looks like a solid plan.

However, I think Broughton and Grima will still have upside left in them when Drummond has bottomed out.

Skippy and Sidebum have a little cash left in them; Rich will peak next week.

But Roo may have bottomed out too, so its difficult to maximise your cows.

I'd be cashing Walker and Suban this week then upgrading Rich to Ablett the following week as a start to your plan.

lovepelican

@ Hawks_1976

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the comments. I expect one of Brougthton or Grima will have a "bad" game soon, so whovever dries up first will more than likely go.

The bigger problem is who to bring in, as the rookies are few are far between. I was looking at Pearce and Ballantyne from Freo, but the former may be injured and the later is yet to play. I have, until now, worked on the wait until named for 3rd game before bringing in rule, but this will likely have to go out the window!

verda32

not worth 4 rookie trades for those 3 upgrades, too many trades