The '7 Premium Mids' strategy

Started by glam77, June 28, 2011, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glam77

Finally going to trade out Sandii this week (likely to go for lobbe if he's picked, just to cover the West Coast bye).

This would leave me with a sizeable amount of free cash.

Just pondering picking up a 7th premium mid (Ablett) to join forces with Murphy, Boyd, Thompson, Pendlebury, Swan, Bartel.

Between this lot they have 4 byes remaining, plus any other lti's, general soreness or opther games missed, during which week a 7th premium mid would be invaluable.

Thoughts on this strategy?

Chopps

i have swallow as m7 so cant justify it but i have pretty much done this in my back and forward

heppel and n. riewoltd as 8th players

D-Train

WOW what a luxury great idea. IMO grab Ablett and have Bartel as 7th mid good bye coverage (except rd 22). I have tried to do the same and have Foley as 7th mid so will stick with him. Mids are Murphy, Boyd, Pendles, Swan, Ablett, Monty (Foley, Krak DPP, Hibbo DPP)

glam77

have 7 trades left.
and if i did all the final trades i needed to do i would be left with 4 to cover lti's, which considering that these would only be used if a premium was out, may be enough trades to see me thru. and having a spare premium in the mids would almost avoid any possibility of any more trades needed there unless i had 2 premiums out + my #8 mid (who could be any of hibberd, jacobs, bewick, mzungu,....)

Chopps

even with two out wont you have mpp to cover?

Holz

i have 8 forwards for that reason and if i didnt already have bartel i would bring him in i dont have the trades for it but sounds like a good idea. I have dids as my 8th forward so if i could i would bring in Ablett.

glam77

currently in my mids on the bench i have hibber (back / mid) ,bewick and prestia (fwd/ mid).

i have plenty of fwds (4-5) with a mid option so that side of things won't be a major problem.

i would likely go:

Sanidlands to Lobbe this week. (which would free up maybe 250k) + my minimal amount in the bank (25k?)
Which means the only way i'd be able to do it would be to trade hibberd and lose my back-mid link, or maybe move mzungu to fwds for prestia and then trade mzungu for ablett.

No rush this week though as asssuming bartel palys, i have a full squad of premium mids, and my first need for another would be next week with thompson out.

glam77

It will be diffucilt for me to get ablett in.
Was thinking, what about montagna?

bargain price next week. (maybe $120k cheaper than ablett)
no more byes

glam77

Quote from: glam77 on June 30, 2011, 11:49:17 AM
It will be diffucilt for me to get ablett in.
Was thinking, what about montagna?

bargain price next week. (maybe $120k cheaper than ablett)
no more byes

ha... make that $160k difference.
Don't think i can get ablett now, and i blame sandi going down about 5 weeks ago for that!!!!

PowerBug

I was on track for 8 forwards until Sandi and Didak went causing Petrie to be 2nd ruck and Didakto get traded to Pendles. Awesome idea if it pulls off.

glam77

only draw back of this theory.... this week with a full squad of premium mids to choose from, i have to bench bartel or montags..

PowerToWin

i think it is a great idea, why? because come finals time I will have Harvey, Gibbs & Heppell and Boyd (Round 20) to cover. Being able to move around my MPPs, means with a 7th premium mid I can cover my regulars when they have a bye.

Knowing I can bench one of the above and bring on a 100pt player is comforting to say the least.

If you can afford it, I suggest do it.

My mids are as follows;

Boyd, Pendlebury, O'Keefe, Rischitelli, Thompson, Ablett
Bench: Redden, Krakouer, Hibberd

Holz

I would much prefer a 7th mid who is DPP i have gram and didak in the mids even though they are not premium ( i bought dids as a premium). 7 forwards creates problems when they are all playing no point having a guy like redden on the bench when you could have a pav or fyfe and play them in the forward line and take of a guy like higgins.

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2011, 02:41:57 AM
I would much prefer a 7th mid who is DPP i have gram and didak in the mids even though they are not premium ( i bought dids as a premium). 7 forwards creates problems when they are all playing no point having a guy like redden on the bench when you could have a pav or fyfe and play them in the forward line and take of a guy like higgins.
That sounds better. DPP link that covers two positions. I have Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Priddis, Selwood, Boyd with Mzungu, Rounds and Jacobs on the bench.

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on July 31, 2011, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2011, 02:41:57 AM
That sounds better. DPP link that covers two positions. I have Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Priddis, Selwood, Boyd with Mzungu, Rounds and Jacobs on the bench.

I have Didak, Gram and I.Smith on my bench.