Knights new found scoring potential

Started by The Grundles, June 28, 2011, 12:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Grundles

I don't know if anyone saw this, i'm sure you all did, but Knights on 22 at 3qtr time, then scored 51 in the last to end on a very respectable 73!!!

Just shows his potential if craigy plays him in the middle.  Imagine if he puts together 4 solid qtrs!

To those fools who wasted a trade getting rid of him...he is the perfect F7/Sub  8)

hardnut

always had that scoring potential but does regularly get used as a small forward, same situation as LeCras how he scores mega when given a run. Bet you fire a few people up with this post  ;)

ImSoHood

Watched the whole game.. CK was my emerg for the muzzler & it was so frustrating watching him lost at sea as a deep fwd as the Adelaide mids bombed it long ( tho enright benefited from this which was good! ) last qtr knights looked a different, confident player.. Always respected Craig but his long term visions raise questions .. Dangerfield is another poorly managed IMO

soutter

Mzungu just as good scoring potential, therefore my Knights to Mzungu was still a win...freed up $ for other trades and got some1 who'll avg similar.

hardnut

not sure of Knights contractual status but could see a few Crows headed to GWS and elsewhere next year. Seems to be a lot of players struggling in their roles and as much as Craig argues he just doesn't seem to have a plan B. Letting Scarlett run loose in the 1st qtr at Skilled with Cats kicking with the breeze was suicide. Craig basically sabotaged his team and the players look foolish.

I kept Knights but can see why some would have moved him on, teams are all in different places in terms in trades and priorities. Generalizations are invariably wrong wrt trading...well normally....

elephants

Didak is byeless and won't be pulling out with a migraine anytime soon.

hardnut

no he's got plenty of other injuries to pull out with......

ImSoHood

knights atm is a handy emerg, apart from when he forgets his nurofen! - had a nice little purple patch a month ago but since has shat me to tears

Fenno

I wouldn't call people who traded him fools. Even without his drop in scores he was never going to be in my final team and im sure many other people feel the same way.

The Grundles

Quote from: Fenno on June 28, 2011, 12:51:27 AM
I wouldn't call people who traded him fools. Even without his drop in scores he was never going to be in my final team and im sure many other people feel the same way.
OK perhaps I was a little harsh but i just feel too many people panic and waste trades in this game.  Best way to identify a potential dream team star is to DYOR and have faith they will come good! Done me well so far all season (No 1 in league, top 2% and still in eliminator)

Fenno

Quote from: The Grundles on June 28, 2011, 01:36:49 AM
OK perhaps I was a little harsh but i just feel too many people panic and waste trades in this game.  Best way to identify a potential dream team star is to DYOR and have faith they will come good! Done me well so far all season (No 1 in league, top 2% and still in eliminator)
Agree with that I had a plan from the start and it has worked very well for me and no matter how bad a player was playing I stuck by them.

The Grundles

Quote from: Fenno on June 28, 2011, 02:05:50 AM
Quote from: The Grundles on June 28, 2011, 01:36:49 AM
Agree with that I had a plan from the start and it has worked very well for me and no matter how bad a player was playing I stuck by them.

Stars will be stars....if they didn't have potential to come good, we wouldnt have picked them in the beginning ;)

Chopps

depends on the stratergy for me he was always a money maker and filling a spot till i could upgrade him which i have done just was the right time with that poor score

Bluke

I cant understand people who say that rookies like Mzungu and Callinan have the same scoring potential as Knights.

Clearly, both have had injury interrupted seasons.

Mzungu's avg is in the 60s while Knights is 75.

How about we wait a few more weeks before passing judgements on rookies like that. Especially considering Knights has avged 85+ in the past.

Ziplock

Quote from: Bluke on June 28, 2011, 12:43:58 PM
I cant understand people who say that rookies like Mzungu and Callinan have the same scoring potential as Knights.

Clearly, both have had injury interrupted seasons.

Mzungu's avg is in the 60s while Knights is 75.

How about we wait a few more weeks before passing judgements on rookies like that. Especially considering Knights has avged 85+ in the past.

that includes mzungu's sub affected 20- which, unlike Knight's, was anticipated and expected- also, he scored that in a quarter. I believe if you remove that 20, mzungu is averaging about 75 as well?