Main Menu

Trade Talk

Started by The return, June 27, 2011, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Quote from: Luigi197 on July 13, 2011, 02:38:13 PM
Quote from: Cruiseon on July 11, 2011, 05:52:14 PM
If you recruit Trengove then the Bombers should turn their attention to getting Hamish McIntosh who could be on the market.The final piece of the puzzle would be to get Angus Graham from Richmond

Then the forward line could be:

HF:  Belchambers Hille    Trengove
FF:   McIntosh     Ryder  Graham

Looks balanced to me, maybe lacks a bit of height.

Aren't all of them potential ruckmen? 

We want MIDS! Speed, Endurance, Skill!!

Hahaha, classic!

AFEV

Quote from: Luigi197 on July 13, 2011, 02:38:13 PM
Quote from: Cruiseon on July 11, 2011, 05:52:14 PM
If you recruit Trengove then the Bombers should turn their attention to getting Hamish McIntosh who could be on the market.The final piece of the puzzle would be to get Angus Graham from Richmond

Then the forward line could be:

HF:  Belchambers Hille    Trengove
FF:   McIntosh     Ryder  Graham

Looks balanced to me, maybe lacks a bit of height.

Aren't all of them potential ruckmen? 

We want MIDS! Speed, Endurance, Skill!!
Just because they are really tall doesn't mean they can't have speed, endurance and skill ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: hally25547 on July 13, 2011, 11:54:54 AM
i think that we should trade Hille for a classy midfielder. He is getting on in years and with Ryder and Bellchambers - and possibly Trengove to pinch-hit our rucks are fine.

I am also worried about our forward line and i think Hurley must play forward because on the weekend we just lacked a good target. With pears and hooker as our two full-backs/centre-half backs i think he should play forward especially if we get trengove

And just a side note i really wish travis boak thought family was more important than footy and signed with the bombers - he is the exact type of player we need on our list
Pretty spot on my thinking. Big Bell will be a Star but can't fit into the squad. Just hope he stays instead of leaving for certain gametime elsewhere :'(.

I am a big fan of Trengove. He's a good solid defender who can play a bit of ruck. Even Hooker can pinch-hit ruck to a lesser extent (if badly needed).

I would like Boak. Hasn't turned into a superstar but as long as he tries hard on field, thinking along the same lines as you again Hally! Would prefer him much more than Salopek but will also mean we have to give more for him. Port need a ruckman.... Hille for Boak would benefit both teams :D.

Jas 13

Maca24

Exactly Jas. Wow Ive got my fingers crossed.
Dangerfield, Zaha, Watson. Drools  :P

CrowsFan

Who would you give us in exchange Maca?

Boomz

We'd have to give up a lot... More than he's worth atm.

Jas 13

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 27, 2011, 05:54:06 PM

Nathan Lovett Murray and Henry Slattery plus our 2nd round pick for Dangerfield and your 3rd round pick.

The return

id go for that but i dont think crows will

AFEV

I wouldn't think so...Lovett-Murray is a similar type of player to Danger but older and not as good, Slats does his job but not really worth much on the market. Essentially the Crows get a downgrade, a small/slow defender and a higher pick.

But hey if the new franchises can shaft them why can't we?!?

Jas 13

Quote from: Jas 13 on July 28, 2011, 10:51:20 AM

Nathan Lovett Murray and Henry Slattery plus our 2nd round pick for Dangerfield and your 3rd round pick.

Just throwing it out there.
Was thinking Slattery might fancy a move back to SA and NLM is a half decent player who still has a few more seasons in his legs
Not entirely sure what the Crows need...
Haven't watched them that much.

Boomz

Crows would laugh at us...

Jas 13

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 28, 2011, 02:32:11 PM

I'm not hearing any other suggestions

Boomz

Quote from: Jas 13 on July 28, 2011, 02:52:59 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on July 28, 2011, 02:32:11 PM

I'm not hearing any other suggestions

Because I'd say we would have to give up our 1st rd pick + a good player (Better than Slatts & NLM)minimum and I don't think he's worth that atm.

CrowsFan

Yeah no way would we take that as a deal.
With Walker most likely going to GWS I would take Hurley and a 2nd round draft pick for him and 3rd round pick...