Main Menu

Trade Talk

Started by The return, June 27, 2011, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Hey Jas 13, what do you mean by Trade Bait? Like players we could offer for a swap if we really had to?

And i think the only thing missing now is what we need.
A list of people we need from other clubs, or players similar to their ability.

AFEV

Trade bait:
If there were to be a player we wanted to pick up we'd offer said player, but we wouldn't be accepting offers for aforementioned player from every club.

Jas 13

Quote from: Sid on June 29, 2011, 06:11:55 PM
Trade bait:
If there were to be a player we wanted to pick up we'd offer said player, but we wouldn't be accepting offers for aforementioned player from every club.

Thanks Sid. Spot on definition

Jas 13

Well I’ll throw some names up.

Mids:
A touch of class and a cool head is required.
Some who can break lines and would be great if they had a bit of pace
My targets - Bernie Vince, Brendan Goddard, Daniel Rich, Patrick Dangerfield

Taggers:
Need one more of these but would ultimately like one who can win his own ball and hurt teams the other way.
Not just a pure shut-down player.
i.e Kieran Jack, Jordie McKenzie, Brent Reilly

Crumbers:
Needs someone with good goal sense that can hit a ball on the run, gather and instinctively know where the big sticks are!
Especially as our forwards can’t seem to take a mark at the moment!
i.e Shannon Byrnes, Robin Nahas, Adam Schneider

Some of these players may not be achievable –not exactly sure of contracts with current clubs, etc.
I’ve tried to make some ‘realistic’ targets obiviously we’d all love a Judd, Ablett, Pendles, etc but can’t see those guys making a move.
And yes, Goddard is a stretch but I think we might make a play for him at season end.

Luigi197

Seems like a good list to me.

Crumbers are interesting. Never really put them into perspective myself :)

Justin Bieber

Rich is either going to stay at Lions, go to GWS or move back to Perth.

I wouldn't mind Reilly as a target. He's a great tagger and will add some more experience to the side, something we really need right now.

Jas 13

PORT Adelaide must launch Operation Target Paddy.

Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd says the Power should do everything it can to lure enigmatic Bombers ruckman Paddy Ryder to Alberton next year.....http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ryder-the-answer-to-port-adelaides-ruckmen-woes/story-e6frf9io-1226089716403

The Velvet Sledgehammer at it again!!!!

Boomz

Won't happen. Ryder will stay. Trengove on the other hand (Port one) is likely to join us... Not in a deal for Ryder though. Just won't happen.

AFEV

OK.
First of all why are we going after Trengove? o.O
Second of all Ryder is staying, deal with it. If Hird was going to let him slip he would have dropped him not persisted.

Cookie Monster

Bernie Vince seems like he'll be moving back to Melbourne (the city, not team)

So we could possibly get Bernard.

Ryder won't go.

Goddard may be a target but won't come.

Jas 13

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 07, 2011, 07:46:34 PM
Won't happen. Ryder will stay. Trengove on the other hand (Port one) is likely to join us... Not in a deal for Ryder though. Just won't happen.

Agreed I can't see Ryder leaving.
I don't think Trengove fits though - where would we put him?
Don't need him in the ruck and we have a number of tall defenders.

AFEV

Yeah we need to offload a ruck not take another one in and Pears/Hurley/Hooker can hold down the fort down back.

Absolutely no need.

The return

i think what we need is a classy mid, running type and maybe a tagger DOUGLAS! and a key foward

AFEV

Doubt Adelaide would give us Douglas.
Dangerfield would be perfect but same deal there :\

The return

bernie vince linked with essendon?