Main Menu

Trade Talk

Started by The return, June 27, 2011, 09:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Sid on July 11, 2011, 03:23:01 PM
Yeah we need to offload a ruck not take another one in and Pears/Hurley/Hooker can hold down the fort down back.

Absolutely no need.
If we were to recruit Trengove, he'll free up Hurley to go up forward to be a danger there. I wouldn't mind Trengove as we'll have our defensive unit set after Fletch decides to retire. But I would certainly not give Ryder for him.

Midfielders we need. Some extra run wouldn't hurt. Certainly need a tagger as Hocking and Lonergan aren't exactly shut down players (Moreso gets the ball out rather than watching their man with no other purpose).

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 11, 2011, 04:47:16 PM
Quote from: Sid on July 11, 2011, 03:23:01 PM
Yeah we need to offload a ruck not take another one in and Pears/Hurley/Hooker can hold down the fort down back.

Absolutely no need.
If we were to recruit Trengove, he'll free up Hurley to go up forward to be a danger there. I wouldn't mind Trengove as we'll have our defensive unit set after Fletch decides to retire. But I would certainly not give Ryder for him.

Midfielders we need. Some extra run wouldn't hurt. Certainly need a tagger as Hocking and Lonergan aren't exactly shut down players (Moreso gets the ball out rather than watching their man with no other purpose).

Thats the reason & that we have always been interested in him. Personally I'm a big fan of Trengove...

Cookie Monster

Hurley is a better defender, his awesome foward, but he looks more comfortable in the back half, just my opinion.

I know we can't play him there most of the time.

The return

can trengove play fwd? LOL anyways i agree with CM hurley looks more comfortable as a def but he will be a great fwd in future, his a one-of-a-kind type of player i am so glad we have him 

Boomz

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 11, 2011, 05:37:37 PM
Hurley is a better defender, his awesome foward, but he looks more comfortable in the back half, just my opinion.

Hurley is a natural defender for sure but you don't get players like him often & we need him up fwd. Takes the pressure off the rest of our forwards & he can still go back when needed.

Cruiseon

If you recruit Trengove then the Bombers should turn their attention to getting Hamish McIntosh who could be on the market.The final piece of the puzzle would be to get Angus Graham from Richmond

Then the forward line could be:

HF:  Belchambers Hille    Trengove
FF:   McIntosh     Ryder  Graham

Looks balanced to me, maybe lacks a bit of height.

The return

lol get out of here!

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 11, 2011, 05:49:33 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 11, 2011, 05:37:37 PM

Hurley is a natural defender for sure but you don't get players like him often & we need him up fwd. Takes the pressure off the rest of our forwards & he can still go back when needed.
Here I agree with Boomzie.
With Hooker/Pears as key back prospects we are better off with Hurley down back.
It is very very rare to find a key forward prospect as good as him and he should only be down back when Fletch has retired and/or we have a few injuries.
Wore Jack like a glove which makes you think but still if you could choose between him kicking 4 and providing a decent forward structure or shutting down 1 forward who Pears could have probably done a similar job on you'd take the first option ever time.

Our forward line looks lost wthout him there and as soon as he went forward on Saturday we kicked a goal and that got the run started.

chatters24

So B.Vince hey? Would be very handy. But what would we be prepared to give up to get him? And don't give me the name of a good player in exchange for a very good player (potential gun has he was in 09) bc it doesn't work like that. We would most likely have to give up a player and a draft pick.

Boomz

Quote from: chatters24 on July 11, 2011, 06:29:40 PM
So B.Vince hey? Would be very handy. But what would we be prepared to give up to get him? And don't give me the name of a good player in exchange for a very good player (potential gun has he was in 09) bc it doesn't work like that. We would most likely have to give up a player and a draft pick.

We would have to give up a fair bit... He's not exactly young though & his knee is flowered. I'm not convinced we should be going for him.

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on July 11, 2011, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: chatters24 on July 11, 2011, 06:29:40 PM

We would have to give up a fair bit... He's not exactly young though & his knee is flowered. I'm not convinced we should be going for him.
I only want him if he comes cheaply due to wanting to be back in Victoria.
As Boomzie said his knee is goooooone so probs won't get back to that '09 form...Just be a serviceable player.

elephants

Rich wouldnt move to the bombers. The only reason he would move from Brisbane is due to homesickness. Therefore eagles/freo would be the options...

hally25547

i think that we should trade Hille for a classy midfielder. He is getting on in years and with Ryder and Bellchambers - and possibly Trengove to pinch-hit our rucks are fine.

I am also worried about our forward line and i think Hurley must play forward because on the weekend we just lacked a good target. With pears and hooker as our two full-backs/centre-half backs i think he should play forward especially if we get trengove

And just a side note i really wish travis boak thought family was more important than footy and signed with the bombers - he is the exact type of player we need on our list

Luigi197

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 11, 2011, 05:52:14 PM
If you recruit Trengove then the Bombers should turn their attention to getting Hamish McIntosh who could be on the market.The final piece of the puzzle would be to get Angus Graham from Richmond

Then the forward line could be:

HF:  Belchambers Hille    Trengove
FF:   McIntosh     Ryder  Graham

Looks balanced to me, maybe lacks a bit of height.

Aren't all of them potential ruckmen? 

We want MIDS! Speed, Endurance, Skill!!

Cookie Monster

it's a collingwood supporter, what do you expect? him saying positive stuff for us.

and yes they are.