Sideways trade A. Swallow to Swan? Just throwing it out there!

Started by simmie777, June 27, 2011, 02:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I too have 8 trades and trade Swallow to any other mid. But hell, I wouldn't do it.

simmie777

Quote from: Windigo on June 27, 2011, 05:01:27 PM
WTF is wrong with having Andy Swallow. Unless he is injured then don't trade him out.

I have him and he is a great DT option & surely there iare more pressing matters than trading out a 100+ player who is playing & playing well.  ::)

Nothing is wrong with him.  I am just thinking about the potential extra points. Spending $1,800 to gain a potential 20 point advantage throughout the rest of the season not a bad return on investment. Think of it like this, if you didn't have either and were making a trade this week who would you rather have. 

Windigo

Well I had both at the start and if presented with the same question. I'd try and get in both.

simmie777

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on June 27, 2011, 03:57:08 PM
Swallow scored 70 odd after injuring his knee in the 1st qtr, so he would have been in line for a 100, waste of a trade IMO.

If u traded Swan out then shame on you, but I wouldn't trade swallow as he's worthy of a midfield spot in any team.

Didn't have swan at the start of the season. Didn't know he went down in the 1st...

Windigo

I don't think he was injured in the first QTR. Thought it happened in the 2nd.

Anyhow, that shows true talent when you can't win the ball to help your team, you try to create pressure on the opposition.

Only had like 15 touches ( I think) and had 9 tackles. Shows great character.

simmie777

Quote from: Problems on June 27, 2011, 04:44:09 PM
If you're playing for the finals then don't do it! Ensure your team's at full strength at R21 not R15  ;)

I'm sure by that time Swan would have gone up in price significantly!

simmie777

Quote from: Windigo on June 27, 2011, 05:48:26 PM
I don't think he was injured in the first QTR. Thought it happened in the 2nd.

Anyhow, that shows true talent when you can't win the ball to help your team, you try to create pressure on the opposition.

Only had like 15 touches ( I think) and had 9 tackles. Shows great character.

Not doubting his character, and definitely no questioning his playing ability! But can he pump out consistent 125-135 like swan? Just food for thought and worth consideration rather than a definite trade.  Was just throwing it our there  :D

JBs-Hawks

Andrew

If Montagna doesn't get named this week, Montagna -> Swan actually makes some sort of sense... Don't sell Swallow until his 2nd bye...

dmagnus

Also gives you another captain option, it's not like you'd put the c on swallow

matt1985

Quote from: dmagnus on June 27, 2011, 09:43:50 PM
Also gives you another captain option, it's not like you'd put the c on swallow

Windigo has :P

hardnut

your mids are set, be happy and save the trade for a rainy day. Swallow is a GUN, played injured, has elevated to one of the elite clearance players and kicks the odd goal. Pies will rest players in DT finals imo.

ImSoHood

swan at $391K is tempting, but don't sideways a.swallow .. the boy is a gun. upgrade another emerg and play with stacked mids to cover byes in other areas

Bazinga

Let me guess - the reason you only have 4 trades left is because you traded swan out when he was scoring poorly, and now that you have no trades left you want to get him back in? I guarentee you will have 4 players affected by injury for you to use your trades on.

simmie777

Quote from: Bazinga on June 28, 2011, 11:14:11 AM
Let me guess - the reason you only have 4 trades left is because you traded swan out when he was scoring poorly, and now that you have no trades left you want to get him back in? I guarentee you will have 4 players affected by injury for you to use your trades on.

Hasn't been in my side at all this year.  I have 4 trades left because I had made a few other mistakes during the season.  No season is perfect and this one is no exception. Mistakes aside I am travelling in the top 4 in all my leagues.