Straight swap(goldstein/mumford/mcevoy)
14 (38.9%)
Keep him and use Smith all the way but cop a 0 this week
4 (11.1%)
Already have cover(White Goodmans!)
12 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Joshy11

Im slighty leaning towards just straight swapping him to goldstein, but i have 7 trades left :( im trying to avoid donuts and wanting to maximise my score at this end of the season so i see goldstein getting me 20+ points extra each week then just use Smith in round 21 so it seems logical. Throw me a vote and add your 2 cents worth

BillMurray

Am I missing something or is Ben Mcevoy not the logical choice? No more byes, clearly now established within the teams best 22 and crushing it this yr. He also has a massive ceiling, taking marks all over the ground. Yes he's very pricey but he has to be the best option if going for league imo...

;)

ps - Sandi I hate you.... >:(

Andrew

I've just had a look at the rucks and McEvoy is the best choice with a 74 breakeven, Leuenberger a slightly lesser option with a 84 breakeven but $49k cheaper. If you're playing for a League win, Leuenberger's bye falls in a non-DT league week so you can take that out of the equation. I'm leaning towards Leuenberger for Sandi as it'll raise some cash and he's the outright number 1 ruckman at Brisbane with Clark having gone down. But I'd prefer to not trade Sandi out with only 4 trades left... I could cop the Cox doughnut this week easy enough and have Cox/Petrie my ruck combo all season - will Sandi be back in 7 weeks time to cover Petrie's round 21 bye though?!

If not I'd prefer to move him on... Why doesn't McCauley get a game for Brisbane with Clark having gone down? Retzlaff is shower! I'd love for McCauley to get a gig this week just to cover the Cox bye... here's hoping...

Bluke

Ziplock

I would prefer Mcevoy, but I may be forced to go Leunberger...

Basically, I can double trade
sandi--> 80k rook
smith--> mcevoy

which'll leave my rucks
Cox, Mcevoy, rook, Jippett (petrie in the fwd line), + like 260k banked

or, I can swap Sandi for
Leun and have like 40k banked or w.e

or, I can just hold sandi on my bench for DT finals and field Smith/cox or cox/petrie as my ruck until sandi comes back.

Andrew

Quote from: Ziplock on June 27, 2011, 02:27:53 PM
I would prefer Mcevoy, but I may be forced to go Leunberger...

Basically, I can double trade
sandi--> 80k rook
smith--> mcevoy

which'll leave my rucks
Cox, Mcevoy, rook, Jippett (petrie in the fwd line), + like 260k banked

or, I can swap Sandi for
Leun and have like 40k banked or w.e

or, I can just hold sandi on my bench for DT finals and field Smith/cox or cox/petrie as my ruck until sandi comes back.

Nice breakdown of options I'm sure many are in a similar boat. On your last point, all that matters to me is that Sandi is back to cover Petrie's round 21 bye. How sure are we that this will happen? I'd really love for Sandi to be back the week before that as my last fixture is against the league leaders for the league I'm in, but that's only 6 weeks away... Will we get a timeframe on Sandi before lockout this week? Another stressful week in DT!

Bluke

I'm not going to risk it. I think they will be overly cautious with him this time. Wouldn't be surprised if the Dockers start planning for next year because with the amount of injuries they have now they're really going to struggle to make the 8 imo.

They have Gold Coast this weekend who could really test them based on the way they played last time in perth.

Then Bye

Sydney at SCG
West Coast
Hawthorn Subi
St Kilda Etihad
Carlton Subi
North Etihad
Collingwood Subi
Bulldogs Etihad

Based on current form and injuries I cant see them beating any of those sides easily and with Melbourne, St Kilda, North and Richmond pushing up missing the finals is a very real possibility.

Andrew

Yes it is a very real possibility... you make a good point. If you're going to jump of Sandi at all surely now is the week? No point risking it even for League when he's still a high price.

korza

Quote from: Andrew on June 27, 2011, 02:21:48 PM
I've just had a look at the rucks and McEvoy is the best choice with a 74 breakeven, Leuenberger a slightly lesser option with a 84 breakeven but $49k cheaper. If you're playing for a League win, Leuenberger's bye falls in a non-DT league week so you can take that out of the equation. I'm leaning towards Leuenberger for Sandi as it'll raise some cash and he's the outright number 1 ruckman at Brisbane with Clark having gone down. But I'd prefer to not trade Sandi out with only 4 trades left... I could cop the Cox doughnut this week easy enough and have Cox/Petrie my ruck combo all season - will Sandi be back in 7 weeks time to cover Petrie's round 21 bye though?!

If not I'd prefer to move him on... Why doesn't McCauley get a game for Brisbane with Clark having gone down? Retzlaff is shower! I'd love for McCauley to get a gig this week just to cover the Cox bye... here's hoping...

McCauley, please.

Bluke

With Cox out this week is a definate.

Andrew

Quote from: korza on June 27, 2011, 02:59:46 PM
Quote from: Andrew on June 27, 2011, 02:21:48 PM

McCauley, please.

Most of Brisbane rookies are showere mate :P McCauley averaged 63 in his 4 games so he must of done something right. But like Bluke I don't think I'm going to trust the Freo medicos and I'll ship Sandi out.