ITT: We wish we had traded in I. Smith instead of someone else...

Started by lasonjin, June 27, 2011, 11:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

For me, it was Howe. I already had Franklin, not to mention Suckling, Puopolo and Mitchell, and I didn't want to overload on Hawks players...big mistake =/

LEV

how is anyone to know anything? he might only play two good games or get dropped then you'll be glad you didnt get him.  Ahh what am i saying, he's a gun, yeah you missed him :)

goodluck anyway for the rest of the year.

Chopps

Andrew

I got him when I needed a downgrade a month ago. Sometimes it's better to get your downgrade targets when you need to downgrade and not when they're on the bubble as most do. I did the same again this week getting Callinan even though it was his first game. Knights had to go, and sure enough Callinan scores more than him anyway.

Seems like you can't overload with Hawks particularly with round 24 v Gold Coast looking like a live game for them now.

LF

i missed the smith boat simply because i had other trades(injury) that had to be done :(

browny_wce

i had only made one trade that week and it was Atley to GAJ
Shouldve gone Riewoldt to Smith aswell, wouldve got me an extra 70 pts that week and 130 odd this week and pocketed 220k
ahhhwell

Possumo

Quote from: Andrew on June 27, 2011, 01:10:09 PM
I got him when I needed a downgrade a month ago. Sometimes it's better to get your downgrade targets when you need to downgrade and not when they're on the bubble as most do. I did the same again this week getting Callinan even though it was his first game. Knights had to go, and sure enough Callinan scores more than him anyway.

Seems like you can't overload with Hawks particularly with round 24 v Gold Coast looking like a live game for them now.

Yeah one of the few times I broke the rule, and I got handsomely rewarded :)

As for Smith though, I feel like a complete idiot, as I brought in Tuohy into my backline to cover a donut the week he and Howe were on the bubble... in the end trading Darling for either of them would have saved me more money, and gained me 30 or so points... and I ended up winning my league match by 150+ points anyway! Still everyone seemed to be talking about Howe, so I was probably going to bring him in instead! Would have been a better option either way... having Callinan kinda makes up for it though :)

oldshepp

Still has a BE of -70

If his JS has improved is it ever too late to bring him in?

I'm thinking about "upgrading" Prestia to him

Don't trust Prestia enough to start him on the ground not so with Smith