Main Menu

Bellchambers Talk

Started by Luigi197, June 26, 2011, 10:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Quote from: Sid on June 27, 2011, 05:28:06 PM
Would they still be playing in the second half of the season with Roughy back?
if bellchambers came to the haks he would be automiatic number 1 ruk and ryder would b our 2nd bak

Luigi197

So what do we do against Geelong then?

Ottens and Vardy correct?

bunyip

If you want to be competative against Geelong, you have to raise your intensity. Win your share of the contested possessions, run and run, and don't let Scarlo loose on your backline. Ask Neil Craig how that worked for him.
Look, I don't think you can beat Geelong at this time, but you can try things to see how they work.
Despite what a lot of people seem to think, Geelong are every bit as good as Collingwood, and if your boys go into the game half hearted, as they seemed to against Hawthorn, the same thing will happen.
It all starts in the center, if your forwards can get some quality ball from your mids, you will cause our slowish backline problems.

Justin Bieber

Our inside mids are pretty good in Watson, Hocking, Lonergan and Howlett. It's the run out of there that hurt us as Winderlich and Dempsey are out. Melksham has got skills but hasn't done too well as there aren't many others. Jetta probably been the best out of available ones :-\. Usually we get the ball and just bomb it long (although usually only goes to the 50 arc or so). Need to penetrate a little more to have a chance at cracking Cat's defence.

Hoping the boys can stand up with their backs against the wall and show some fight in them, even if they do lose. It'll give them some confidence for the rest of the season.

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 29, 2011, 01:50:46 PM
Our inside mids are pretty good in Watson, Hocking, Lonergan and Howlett. It's the run out of there that hurt us as Winderlich and Dempsey are out. Melksham has got skills but hasn't done too well as there aren't many others. Jetta probably been the best out of available ones :-\. Usually we get the ball and just bomb it long (although usually only goes to the 50 arc or so). Need to penetrate a little more to have a chance at cracking Cat's defence.

Hoping the boys can stand up with their backs against the wall and show some fight in them, even if they do lose. It'll give them some confidence for the rest of the season.

Which is why we have to give rimers a game... His kicking & pace is needed. People need to stop thinking of what he was a few years ago  ::) He's dominating playing in the middle for bendigo and is exactly what we r lacking right now... I just hope if he does come in we don't play him as a fwd -,-

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 29, 2011, 03:55:19 PM
Which is why we have to give reimers a game... His kicking & pace is needed. People need to stop thinking of what he was a few years ago  ::) He's dominating playing in the middle for bendigo and is exactly what we r lacking right now... I just hope if he does come in we don't play him as a fwd -,-
I'm personally not a big fan of Reimers (I think he's overrated) but if he can fill in that hole in the midfield, all for him being called up. But as he's playing in the forwards this season, doubt they'd move him there ::). They tried Davey on the weekend for some dash in the midfield..... Lets just say it didn't work out very well :(.

Boomz

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 29, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 29, 2011, 03:55:19 PM
Which is why we have to give reimers a game... His kicking & pace is needed. People need to stop thinking of what he was a few years ago  ::) He's dominating playing in the middle for bendigo and is exactly what we r lacking right now... I just hope if he does come in we don't play him as a fwd -,-
I'm personally not a big fan of Reimers (I think he's overrated) but if he can fill in that hole in the midfield, all for him being called up. But as he's playing in the forwards this season, doubt they'd move him there ::). They tried Davey on the weekend for some dash in the midfield..... Lets just say it didn't work out very well :(.

Either am I but the form he's in for bendigo is hard to ignore... 2 weeks ago got knocked out in the 1st quarter came back and played a half and a bit and was nearly BOG... If he comes in and is played as a fwd though I'll be pissed  >:(

pyronerd

what is going on.... Bellchambers has been the bombers best performing ruckman and yet he is the one to get dropped

Luigi197

Quote from: pyronerd on June 30, 2011, 07:56:49 PM
what is going on.... Bellchambers has been the bombers best performing ruckman and yet he is the one to get dropped

I gave up ages ago in trying  to figure out why people have gotten dropped...

Maca24

This is my opinion.
Hille is past it. To slow, has been a great player for us but his time has come. Either a trade or VFL is necessary.
Ryder and Bell compliment each other well.
Bellchambers has been a beast up forward with some great grabs and moves better than Hille, not to mention he is the future.
Ryder can start in the ruck and switch up forward with Bell.

Boomz

Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
This is my opinion.
Hille is past it. To slow, has been a great player for us but his time has come. Either a trade or VFL is necessary.
Bellchambers has been a beast up forward with some great grabs and moves better than Hille, not to mention he is the future.

+100000000000000000000000

Not happy. Unless Belly is injured  :-\

Maca24

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 30, 2011, 09:03:56 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 30, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
This is my opinion.

+100000000000000000000000

Not happy. Unless Belly is injured  :-\
Yea in a way i hope he is. He better be back next week, or else that confirms they are dogging him  >:(

bunyip

Is it possible they are just resting him like we are doing with Varcoe

Justin Bieber

Doubt he's being rested as he's 3rd in line for Hird apparently :-\. I rate him as our #1 ruck and has the potential to be one of the best in the game down the track if he continues his improvement.

Bellchambers is a beast when it comes to marks around the ground :o. I'd take him playing Forward and Ryder back in the ruck ANY DAY OF THE WEEK PLEASE!!!

Cruiseon

Now Bunyip - just slow down that train.

Back on topic I went to the game for a couple of quarters last Friday and I can tell you, its official Essendon now have  genuine problems as a club. It has nothing to do with the players (young list, learning etc) but with Hird himself - the first genuine crack I've seen. He continues to back Ryder on all fronts, saying he will play him all year, that it is not about desire but running to the right spots (?) which again is fine BUT....... Bellchambers was one of the Bombers best in a losing side last week, he is only 22, and his effort was 3 times better than Hille and 4 times better than Ryder. I thought he was very good.

Hird now seems to have favourites who he backs unconditionally, whilst one of the emerging young guys who gave his all finds himself back in the VFL. To me that is genuine problem. Juggling 3 big men may not be a problem soon down at Essendon.