Main Menu

Bellchambers Talk

Started by Luigi197, June 26, 2011, 10:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Where will he fit in our side for the rest of the season, and for seasons to come?

Do we need him in the side?

Does he need to improve on his fitness or skills?

-And am I the only one who has refereed to him as 'Ding Dong' ?

Boomz

Hille will be the one thats dropped - looks slow, getting older, time to blood belly. Ryder is going to be persevered with as they seem to think he could make a good fwd.

Belly has a big future with us as our #1 ruckman... His around the ground skills are getting better & he has always been a very good tap ruck. I just call him belly :P He does have work to do but rucks generally take a while. He'll only get better.

eski_liddr

bellchambers will be a prime candidate for entry into our team.

I also believe that Mark Williams was very hard done by in not being selected in the side this week...theres a heap of young guys showing more heart than 30% of our team.

I know its building but its also frustrating!

Cant wait for bellchambers return though...kinda feel sorry for Ryder, looks like he has had no confidence recently

MTTY

You will also have Joe Daniher soon  ;D  Great prospect

Boomz

Quote from: eski_liddr on June 26, 2011, 11:34:04 PM

I also believe that Mark Williams was very hard done by in not being selected in the side this week...theres a heap of young guys showing more heart than 30% of our team.

Cant wait for bellchambers return though...kinda feel sorry for Ryder, looks like he has had no confidence recently

He played this week though  ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 26, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
Hille will be the one thats dropped - looks slow, getting older, time to blood belly. Ryder is going to be persevered with as they seem to think he could make a good fwd.

Belly has a big future with us as our #1 ruckman... His around the ground skills are getting better & he has always been a very good tap ruck. I just call him belly :P He does have work to do but rucks generally take a while. He'll only get better.
Although I believe all 3 could play at once if they are changed around. Hille to the Forwards instead of Ryder as he is more comfortable there. Move Ryder back or into the Ruck as he'll have much more confidence there. Bellchambers can't be dropped as he's probably been playing the best out of all 3! He's getting better around the grounds and is quite a strong mark, wheras Ryder's confidence has hurt his abilities :'(.

Belly is our future Ruck stocks and believe he should remain in the team. I'd go for dropping Ryder first of all back to the two's. This way he can gain confidence against second rate competition. It doesn't matter that they aren't as good as AFL standards, but it's his confidence which need the boost, not really skills. Maybe Hille if they persist with Ryder as a forward, something he's clearly not suited to.

Cruiseon

I agree. I popped into the G for a couple of quarters to catch up with some mates and see the lopsided game and Bellchambers was probably Essendons best player. Heaps of potential at 22!! Invest in him, trade Ryder if you have to.

As an aside I left at 3/4 time with my Essendon mate. I don't recall ever leaving a game that early but the train was absolutely packed with red & black. Hardly a seat available - where did it all go so wrong!

Justin Bieber

Ryder as a forward to start :P. Then injuries mounting here and there along with the inexperience :P.

I wouldn't trade Ryder, move him down back again ::). We'd have Fletch, Pears, Hooker and Ryder there. That's quite a combo and then we can try recruiting forwards if our smalls can't do enough rest of the season.

I don't remember a time where I left a game before the final siren. Even if we are losing, always stay until the end :).

MajorLazer

I really don't think Ryder is a forward and it looks like he doesn't like playing there.

Orignally he was a backman (I think) but now that you guys have depth there I don't know if he's any good to you guys.

eski_liddr

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 26, 2011, 11:50:42 PM

DaMN Was too inebriated! baahahaha sorry mate. maybe i need to watch it again haha

Boomz

Quote from: eski_liddr on June 27, 2011, 01:56:07 AM
Quote from: BOOMZ on June 26, 2011, 11:50:42 PM

DaMN Was too inebriated! baahahaha sorry mate. maybe i need to watch it again haha

I can understand why u would miss him  :-X I could hardly watch after quarter time...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MajorLazer on June 27, 2011, 12:13:42 AM
I really don't think Ryder is a forward and it looks like he doesn't like playing there.

Orignally he was a backman (I think) but now that you guys have depth there I don't know if he's any good to you guys.
Nobody besides The Bombers coaching staff likes him as a forward :P. I agree he is a much better Backman (more natural) and a Ruckman (So Agile for one) which makes him more effective than as a Forward who gets close attention. He's not really a very strong player for a KPP forward so can get outmuscled (shown by several instances in a match up with Gibson on the weekend).

Hawka

i must say i woudlnt mind bellchambers or ryder at the hawks  ;)

AFEV

Would they still be playing in the second half of the season with Roughy back?

bunyip

Keep the faith guys. It's a long rocky road to the top. I think Bomber was our coach for about 7 years before we won a flag. There is a lot of competition for players and coaches now, more than in the past. You have a brand new coaching team, they will need time to put a competative team together.
In the mean time, barrack against Collingwood.