helping out a team that averages 1300 each week

Started by Chichos, June 26, 2011, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chichos

ive just started helping my mate out in dream team (his only checked it like two or three times) and his team is very ordinary. he has 20 trades left and not much cash remaining.

- all his reserves cost $80,400 (he wanted to make his starting 22 really good so he decided to get the cheapest players in each position but that didn't really work out very well)

- the only reserve players that have played are evans, bucovaz and callinan.

- he has quite a few duds in his team around the 200-300k mark ( mcveigh, osbourne, rutten, scott d.thompson, wright, o'brien)

- and he has basically 5-6 donuts each week

the question is what should i work on first. my aim is to do 2 trades a week (downgrading someone then upraging someone).

possible decisions:

- get rid of all 0's

- trade out all duds

- fix his reserves to make it that they all play

Blues17

post up team

but i would suggest downgrade 1 dud and upgrade another dud to premium every week.

start with any duds scoring 0 or injured

Fenno

I would get rid of the 0s and then go from there even a dud scoring 20 is better than 0

Alka

matt1985

To be honest i'd write this year off and look forward to next season. You either take DT serious or not. It's not something you forget about, then come back to mid year to try salvage your team.

It will take him weeks to fix up the team, and by then the season will be just about over.

blah128

Quote from: Blues17 on June 26, 2011, 10:02:57 PM
post up team

but i would suggest downgrade 1 dud and upgrade another dud to premium every week.

start with any duds scoring 0 or injured

This would be the only way to get anything out of it. Probably too low in league/overall. Double trading til the end of season might get an alright score for the last couple of rounds

Chichos

i know most of you are saying too just give up, im only doing this too see how his dt score week in week out of 1300-1400 starts chaning to scores like 1800-1900 and id hope to crack the 2k for him in like round 23 or 24

Fenno

I know what your trying to do. I say don't give up.

matt1985

Quote from: Chichos on June 26, 2011, 10:13:45 PM
i know most of you are saying too just give up, im only doing this too see how his dt score week in week out of 1300-1400 starts chaning to scores like 1800-1900 and id hope to crack the 2k for him in like round 23 or 24

If you don't want to give up, your best bet would be to post up the team so we can work out the best options for you and your friend.

Blues17

Quote from: Fenno on June 26, 2011, 10:14:44 PM
I know what your trying to do. I say don't give up.

+1 it will be interesting to see how good u can get by rnd 24 with alot of smart trading.

TMurphBROWNLOW

i too helped my friend rebuild his team. coming last in our league 4 weeks ago, he's paying me a dollar for every win. he's only won one becuase he's versed me (2nd), 1st and 3rd (top 3) within those 4 ! :D

keep going! they way im doing it is get all the certain rookies in to make cash, then double upgrade when i can! pretty much your main priority is GET PLAYERS WHO ARE PLAYING!!!11  ::)

LaHug

Definitely downgrade/upgrade the average (and non-playing) midpricers to a playing rookie and a premium (preferably a fallen one - i.e. Swan).
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Fireballz

Post the team man i'm curious! First step would be to trade out 1 dud per week to a bubble boy. Then you have more room to upgrade before rd 24! use your other trade for an upgrade as someone else said. I'm curious to see this team!

Chopps

you need every rookie playing player available there arent many left though are there  ???

Ziplock

his team is probably screwed, however, could be an interesting project, go for it :P