Started by GoldDigger, June 26, 2011, 02:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Quote from: BratPack on June 27, 2011, 06:16:37 PM
I would mod but two things would stop me

1. I'm banned from the chat :P

2. The week after I start FF chat would have about 10 members :P

LaHug

We don't need a mod in chat other than m0nty... But we really need one for the forums just to make the site a lot tidier. I'd be willing to do part of it (like the DT section for example because I spend a lot of time on it) but there's no way I'd have time for it to be a one man job. The fact that Pros was doing a great job on his lonesome is testament to his devotion and dedication.

Ziplock

oh man, reminds me of a story a friend told me.

Basically, this guy who was organising the halo mlg site went on holidays, so he asked one of his friends and big forum contributors to admin the site for him. Thing is this guy (brainseeker I think his name was), was like a chronic troll apparently, and used to just talk shower to everyone etc. So basically, when he got admin powers he went on a power spree and just started banning left right and center. like, just on random. For instance, would ban randomly the first person who said 'sydney' for the day, or the first person who mentioned a random article of news etc. etc.

Then the owner comes back, so BS bribes the mods not to tell him what happened. But of course they did, so the owner deleted his account. Then two minutes later, there's an account spamming the forums called brainseeker 2.0.

Which gets banned.

Then an hour there's an account called
'definitelynotbrainseeker'

any I digress. Hope you enjoyed the anecdote :P

GoldDigger

Recalling, IIRC, that Blue_Cap kept asking after trevor c.

Maybe a mate who's been banned, or his own previous identity.

I do recall taking a dislike to trevor c's contributions.

Just another troll to keep an eye out for.

GoldDigger

bomberboy0618

deano69: winty your mum was over after i came on her tits

GoldDigger

Miss Pies

Ok going on personal experience, and still remaining on the site after all the crap I have copped over the last 2 1/2 years.
Making a thread like this is pure folly.

The best way to deal with things is to PM mods or m0nty and only when you have exausted every avenue through Mods or m0nty is it time to bring this kind of behaviour to everyone's attention.

I really do not think it helps the site if all drama's whether it be on chat or on forum it immediately put in the spotlight. It took me numerous encounters to even post something of this nature. (m0nty will back me up on that)

First steps are..

1. Click the report to moderator link on the thread
2. If option 1 is not available because it is in chat then PM m0nty immediately
3. If m0nty is not available at the time PM a mod
4.Wait for a response from m0nty or the mod you have decided to PM
5. If no action has taken place via response to your PM or 'report link' then and only then should it be discussed in public.

Again I speak of this on pure experience and what works and does not work.

Cheers

m0nty

I hear what you're saying MP, but I'm prepared to let this thread run, since there isn't a formal system to report chat trolls. I may clean it up every week, though.

GoldDigger

When I started this thread, there were no mods, MP. Main reason I started it.

It has done its job, so maybe it's time to lock it down?

Though naming names might be handy still, I think there is no longer any need to quote the misdeeds. Our chat mods are doing a stupendous job!

Miss Pies

Hey m0nty no intrusion here. You site your rules. So you are saying everytime I encounter a problem with a fellow member in chat etc to post in the public?

OK will do

GoldDigger

Disagree MP.

I take m0nty's words to mean that if you want to report a chat troll, this a spot where you can do it, if you want.

Miss Pies

Ahh ok upon re reading this..you are saying no action will be taken until we post it in the public here...makes sense as that's what it took for something to happen for me..

Yeah you are right Pros..we do need to just post everything here.
Shall I start by copy pasting all your PM's to me m0nty..in public?

I really do not understand you at times m0nty you do one thing and say another.

Good luck on that

GoldDigger

no, mp, no one is ...
Quote... saying no action will be taken until we post it in the public here..."
and I did not say "... we .... need to just post everything here."

I think you are being obtuse?

GoldDigger