Main Menu

Pros de-activated

Started by AFEV, June 25, 2011, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

shocked what a massive loss ................. and i mean massive

Pros was the voice of reason when i joined in 09.

Pros handed out great advice and we all had some great banter with him over the years. He was the voice of
reason to a lot of members trying to get them to make the call on their teams/trades.
This was reflected in most of his 5000+ posts. He constantly tried to improve the forum and the quality of
posting.
Then he started doing forum mod work, moving threads to where they belonged. ( cleaning up the site )

During chat he liked a lot of banter during boring games and made things interesting. He was well respected
and i enjoyed the chat when he was on. I took what he contributed as BANTER and treated it thus. He has been given a fair few bans over the years but nothing too bad, just pushed the envelope with mOnty.
Then he took on chat mod duties to assist mOnty with controlling content ( free of charge i assume ). This was a mistake IMO as he had to control peoples chat but decided to also continue with banter.Nothing wrong with this IMO.
That ( as well as the blue name ) made him a target for the keyboard warriers during chat. He was targeted from the start.
This weekend  DANIEL 1986, BIGGF, BLUESFLAG, KDUTHIE 1 and CROWBOT 2.0 took on trolling fool duties. I am sure there are more going back during the games this year. Credit to members who helped him out during chat - ROOSTER, WES , KORZA ect ( sorry if i have missed some of you ). Warning to those who wish to take on this.

Now we have Pros MK 2 ( already 40 posts and 7 topics ) with a different attitude

Anyway thanks for all your freindly banter Pros. You have had an impact and good luck on Pros MK 2.
As i see it you will no longer be taking crap lightly

Your glass is definately HALF FULL

CFC 1979

sorry, you too c4v3m4n. seen you trying to help

won't be comenting much and may just stay on the stats page

c4v3m4n

From the Geelong v Adelaide chat log:

Daniel1986: @Prospector do you think Bartel being out will have any affect on the result of this match?

He's said that twice already... he's already at it...

Boomz

Maca24

why wont m0nty ban him  ::)

c4v3m4n

GoldDigger

Since I'm banned, would someone please tell Daniel1986 to check out "Prospectors YSCC". Ranked 6390.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 26, 2011, 02:50:07 PM
Since I'm banned, would someone please tell Daniel1986 to check out "Prospectors YSCC". Ranked 6390.

Doesn't have a forum account or m0nty finally banned him Pros.

valkorum

Quote from: McRooster on June 26, 2011, 01:34:16 AM
Live chat has exponentially more acounts than the Forum. It is that number of accounts that m0nty uses as a selling tool to gain advertising, that and the number of times members click on an ad.

Chat/main site is our providers (m0nty's) bread and butter and he/we need it to continue our association in here.

This year has seen alot of the chat types come into the forum and the landscape has changed somewhat. Maybe what we can do to fight the trolls is to have more members involved in chat to educate the throng as to how we need them to behave in chat and in the forum.

I thought valkorum was excellent in his chat commentary in the bits I saw tonight  8)

*I deliberately sat out of chat tonight to get a clearer idea of how the tangents develop in chat. It didn't appear that m0nty has instilled any moderating powers to the nominees he requested  :-\

Well said and thanks Roost.  I laughed when he called me a teenage keyboard warrior (that would be my son :P)

valkorum

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 26, 2011, 01:36:54 AM
valkorum is a champ, and one of many ornaments to our / m0nty's site.

There are now no mods but m0nty. Let's see what happens.

Thanks Prospector - the respect goes both ways.

ImSoHood

as a frequent visitor yet mostly non-contributor to FF since 2006 ( i sometimes go on chat ) i'm a little mystified by all of this... is anyone really surprised by the banning? - m0nty has hinted in recent times that pros aka gold digger needed to pull his head in. a mod doesn't make "push the envelope" comments rather acts as a supervisor. if prospector didn't like that then he should never have accepted the gig. i agree with m0nty's decision. i give credit for the posts, support pros gave but can see where m0nty is coming from ... seriously ... what "mod" makes immoral jokes and unethical metaphors. that's the job of those he's meant to be keeping an eye on!

LaHug

There are reasons I don't use chat any more and most of them have been mentioned. A lot of the stuff said is frustrating and pointless, there are many trolls too. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've had a few keyboard arguments myself, but I've never gone far enough to get told off by anyone. I even remember being agreed with and thanked by m0nty for keeping things on topic before (I have a print screen of one time :P).
So, in memory of Pros' great work over the years, I will have a look at chat for the second half of the twilight game and do my best to keep things premium!

P.s. Good to have you still around Pros! (Or do we call you Goldie now?)

GoldDigger

Quote from: ImSoHood on June 26, 2011, 06:50:50 PM
as a frequent visitor yet mostly non-contributor to FF since 2006 ( i sometimes go on chat ) i'm a little mystified by all of this... is anyone really surprised by the banning? - m0nty has hinted in recent times that pros aka gold digger needed to pull his head in. a mod doesn't make "push the envelope" comments rather acts as a supervisor. if prospector didn't like that then he should never have accepted the gig. i agree with m0nty's decision. i give credit for the posts, support pros gave but can see where m0nty is coming from ... seriously ... what "mod" makes immoral jokes and unethical metaphors. that's the job of those he's meant to be keeping an eye on!

You're one of the flowerheads!

BratPack

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 26, 2011, 09:58:10 PM

Boomz

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 26, 2011, 09:58:10 PM

Exactly...