what to do with sandi?!

Started by LEV, June 25, 2011, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davoo

Andrew

Quote from: Rated_RKO on June 26, 2011, 12:51:45 AM
i asked the question earlier this week  what people think of trading sandi to kreuzer to make money and maybe a unique pick
got shot down pretty quick =\
i dunno why i keep asking things in fanfooty forums
everytime i think of doing something, i keep getting advice not to do it so i dont, and in the end it turns out i should have done it. . .

maybe i give up on fanfooty forums from now on   ? lol

Last night, I was going to empathise with your thoughts that coming on these forums is sometimes to your detriment, however I never thought Sandi -> Kruezer was a worthwhile trade. I'm sure Kruezer's score today has told you as much, however.

Quote from: LEV on June 25, 2011, 11:57:58 PM
unfortunately my trades are worth gold. only have 6 left. i went hard, and earl......:)

Yeah same - good man!! Only if Sandi is listed as longer than a month will I sell him. I just need him back for finals to cover Petrie's bye. For now, I'll hold him and cop the doughnut this week due to Cox's bye.

yorgis

danoz

I'm concerned that Griffin will just be dropped again when Sandi is available in another 6 weeks or so, which would be disastrous for finals.

I have Sandi Cox Vardy and Keefe.

If Vardy plays I'll still have a donut with Cox's bye. These are the options

S. Jacobs (which will give me 80k to upgrade my final player. His bye is the same as Sandi, he has good JS)
Z. Smith (still a chance for the general)
Goldstein (HMac is still to come back, and is expensive)
McEvoy (Gardiner to come in which may affect scores)
Leuey (injuries always a concern)
Griffin (JS - but what if Sandi doesn't come back all year? - could win you a league if he keeps his spot)
Hille (Can't keep his spot)
Jamar, Kreuzer, Mumford, Jolly

There isnt really any names that make me say YES! Right now I'm leaning towards Jacobs

Ziplock

Mcevoy says yes to me, however due to my strap for cashness, I would need to double trade to get him in.

LEV

me too Ziplock, i need someone worth sandi's price or lower. only have 1k !!!  Im leaning toward petrie over goldstein. looking at last 6 weeks, petrie hasnt cracked the ton once (94).  Very consistent and playing good footy at the moment. Only thing that worries me is his next 3 games (St Kilda, Collingwood and Western Bulldogs). Should be ok though, good players perform no matter who the opposition.

Has any body thought about Darren Jolly, he should be back this week yeah?

Ziplock

from memory lev, jolly burnt every single person who owned him this season- I doubt you'll find many who'll go for him :P

LEV

yeah fair enough, ive never had him in my team in ANY DT year. why start now ?!

Bluke

McEvoy is the obvious choice. Both byes done, young body with no injury concerns. Hitting a good age and playing around decent players (although somewhat out of form). The return of gardner doesn scare me much because McEvoy is in such good form and Lyon is now finally building towards the future.

I've had him in DT pro since the start and he hasnt let me down yet. Straight swap as well basiclly.

Actually, looking at his run home has put me off a bit.

Collingwood (Jolly)

Sydney (Mummy/Seaby)

North (Goldy/Hmac)

Carlton (Kruezer/Warnock)

does not impress me at all

Dammit Sandilands!!

Andrew

The other ruck choices all have their problems, this decision by Fremantle to rush him back is a killer for everyone who held him. However, just like when Sandilands got injured last season and was finished, maybe we should've bitten the bullet. Applying the "don't trade your premiums" rule has to be selective. Swan? Yes hold. But Sandi looks screwed now.

Having already copped Selwood & Jack Grimes, this really sucks. Cox's bye this week just compounds it. How hard does DT 2011 wanna be?!

Bluke

LTIs
Waters
Suban
Sandi
Mundy
Selwood
Grimes

MTIs
Adcock?
Tapscott
Curnow

flowerups
Richardson
Bewick

Add to that my Palmer experiment and yea I rekon this year has been a tough year.

Andrew

Quote from: Bluke on June 27, 2011, 02:05:32 PM
LTIs
Waters
Suban
Sandi
Mundy
Selwood
Grimes

MTIs
Adcock?
Tapscott
Curnow

flowerups
Richardson
Bewick

Add to that my Palmer experiment and yea I rekon this year has been a tough year.

That's a horror run, I was considering starting with Suban & Mundy also and I didn't include Tapscott, Matera, Adcock, or Curnow on my list as they don't seem to have hurt as much as Selwood/Sandilands/Grimes. I also had Richardson (traded him out for Petrie after Petrie's breakout game) and Bewick (traded him out for Didak when Didak bottomed out in a failed attempt to keep the Eliminator dream alive). Starting with Foley & Michael Johnson were also close to howlers as I ever wanna get however. Trading Foley out after round 2 when he now looks like averaging 85 also hurts but Libba/Curnow were too tempting at the time!!

Bring on 2012 and no byes I say..!

Bluke

just heard on Perth radio that Sandi wont be operated on but will still miss a month. DOnt know if that changes anything for any coaches??

Andrew

Quote from: Bluke on June 27, 2011, 04:04:14 PM
just heard on Perth radio that Sandi wont be operated on but will still miss a month. DOnt know if that changes anything for any coaches??

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/117222/default.aspx

I might hold onto him now and just cop the 1 doughnut this week.

nostradamus