Main Menu

When is Jimmy going to learn

Started by AFEV, June 24, 2011, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

That 3 ruckmen does NOT work?
Ryder doesn't like playing forward, therefore he is struggling there and doing nothing. IMHO we should be playing him as a full time ruck, he is our most rounded ruckman and our best.
Same deal with Hille minus the best ruckman bit.

I love Belly, but he is not better than these two and he needs to be dropped (:() or Hille & Ryder will continue to struggle.

It was worth a try but if it worked we wouldn't be the only flowering team who has or is done/doing it.

Boomz

Not just the 3 ruckman... I won't get started coz I won't stop. Ryder has no confidence & is a twig... can't blame that on 3 rucks...

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 24, 2011, 10:12:14 PM
Not just the 3 ruckman... I won't get started coz I won't stop. Ryder has no confidence & is a twig... can't blame that on 3 rucks...
His confidence/form woes began when he started playing forward 90% of the time.
It is not his position, he'd be better off down back. You can hardly defend 3 rucks though.

Boomz

true but you can't drop another player who isn't in terrible form to help him find form... Don't like the 3 rucks but they're going to stick with Ryder as a fwd for now at least & belly is the future... Hille is on the way out & is the most likely to get dropped tbh...

AFEV

OK, with age I can understand why we'd drop Hille but we need to drop 1 of them, whether it be Ryder, Hille or Belly.
Keeping all 3 is clearly not working there is no need it is easy for them to get through a game with 2.

Hawka

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D

MTK

$1Million payout for Knights, then $2Million for the (so called) coaching 'dream team', and then you serve up that? Essendon, you are SERIOUSLY on the nose at the moment...

Hawka

as i said during the game
essendon are a bottom 4 side u cant hide from that fact

Boomz

Quote from: MTK on June 24, 2011, 11:37:48 PM
$1Million payout for Knights, then $2Million for the (so called) coaching 'dream team', and then you serve up that? Essendon, you are SERIOUSLY on the nose at the moment...

I wasn't a fan of Knights but I said all along at the end of last year we needed to cleanout the list... Will happen at the end of this year.... It better anyway we have a lot of dead weight.

AFEV

I agree it should have been done 2-3 seasons ago ::)

MajorLazer

Quote from: hawka26 on June 24, 2011, 11:34:35 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  ;D ;D ;D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;D ;D ;D

Justin Bieber

As much as I like Ryder, playing him as a forward has killed his ability. He's a Natural Backman and can play as an agile ruckman. He doesn't have that keen sense up forward and he's been a bit woesome around the field this season. Confidence is shot and would say he's performing the worst out of the 3 rucks.

Hille was good as he can actually PLAY forward. If I was Hird, Go Hille for the 90% forward and Ryder in the Ruck due to Hille having more ability there. Bellchambers should actually stay as I reckon he's been performing the best out of the 3. He's been playing the best in the ruck and around the ground. He stands up and takes marks or creats a contest due his his size and strength. That's why Ryder or Hille should get the chop as well as Bellchambers will only get better with experience.

But the loss also came because we didn't match up on the Hawks loose man in defence (Most of the time Birchall and sometimes Cheney/Gibson). That killed us as they took soooo many uncontested marks :(. Backline needs some more structure in my opinion and some of the guys were just not looking fully into it. A few occasions they left a man to get the handball over to run in for the easy goal (remember like 3 instances at least this happened). Don't get me started with Marks inside 50 :-X.

essendon33

bought bellchambers in for this week as well (vs Gold coast)... with hurly out though, maybe run hill at ff and rotate ryder and bellchambers through the ruck and on nicky nat

supercoach addict

I agree. It's a tough situation because Hille and Ryder are definitely in the 22 but Bellchambers is no dud or fringe player either. I think he'll have to just play seconds until Hille goes.

Cookie Monster

thought that this a new thread and i was liek Ryder had confidence..

but with Kennedy, Cox/Nic Nat Lynch and Darling.

surely Ryder will move back?