ruck priorities??

Started by wardie, June 24, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wardie

which ruckman is the best option?

I have COX already and am looking to trade GRAHAM for a high quality second ruckman.

7 trades and 76k in bank.

OPTION 1 (1 trade)

GRAHAM for KRUZER/other options? got 403k

OPTION 2 (2 trades)

OUT raines IN 83k rook
OUT graham IN hmac/sandi/jolly
This would leave me with about150/50k depending on the ruckman i chose.
Is it worth the extra trade to got a more quality ruckman or should the trade be saved and make the upgrade to KRUZ and be low on cash?

freezer

Tough call. Kreuzer's BE is 123 this week so he will most likely drop in value again. Most other top scoring ruckman look like they will hold value or go up.

Hmac @ $454,800 looks like a reasonably cheap option, scoring 6 tons out of 12 games and he is $90,000 cheaper than Sandilands.

Is he worth two trades to get him though? It may just be worth the one trade and stick with Kreuzer the rest of the year. Save the other 6 trades for later in the year.

wardie

in a pridicament because GRAHAM has a be of 126 so he will plummet dramatically and probably not reach the same highs he is now.  He had one big game of about 130 which made those with him a lot of cash.

only need trades for upgrades for here on baring injuries and i think i will need to trade raines to get the cash at some stage anyway but not sure if this is the week to do it.

freezer

Graham looks set to drop a lot unfortunately. You could trade Raines out for rookie Clancee Pearce who has played two games which would free up an extra $178,700.

Then you could upgrade Graham to Hmac/Jolly/Sandilands.

My only concern would be Pearce may not get many more games. The boat may have already sailed with all the young rookies in the backline.

freezer

How is your backline looking? Do you have most people playing?

wardie

back: grimes, hurn, burgoyne, goddard, adcock, drummond, enright (broughton, raines)

don't necessarily need the rook to be playing right now but i think the priority would be to get a quality second ruckman right now. Just worried about the amount of tades i have left and don't wanna burn 2 if i don't haev to.

liking the looks of Jolly/Hmac and save the 100k and use that to upgrade RICH, M.CLARK, HURN, GRIMES

lovepelican

IMO, Kreuzer is not quite scoring high enough to be a keeper (I have him but am looking to upgrade). As such, I would consider the Raines to Pearce and Graham to one of the 3 mentined.

Having said all that, if cox is out, it may be worth holding fire, especially if he is out for more than a week........

Fingers crossed he is ok!

wardie

cox out??

Where is that listed? hope not!

Blueboys

Get Hmac or Kreuzer, both good!

wardie

is SANDI worth the extra 100k?

Blueboys

wardie

should have had him from the start so under priced at the beginning of the season... used the extra cash i had to get t.jono instead. STUPID DECISION looking back, but i am sure everyone has done one of them.

chris

I'd go Kruezer use the extra $50K eleswhere think if your 2nd ruck can average 80-90 is good enough

wardie

Might save me an extra trade for another week if i do that also. Alough his be is 120 i think he will drop less than what graham would.

Other option is to just sit tight and hope graham improves in his scores and trade him come finals time.

is anyone else in this situation? What are you guys going to do?

chris

Cox is 50/50 chance this week according to AFL website.

I have Graham but his on my bench but am trading him as if he gets his average of 62 this week and next he will drop about $43K and I have already spent that money  ;)