Thoughts/Suggestions on my grand plan

Started by eatmywake, June 23, 2009, 01:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatmywake

Current Team:

Defenders:  Enright;  Gilbee;  Ryder; Goddard;  Drummond; Grimes; Petrenko; Grima; Suckling

Mids:  Bartell; Judd;Gibbs; Rich; Pendlebury; Muston;  Anthony; Barham

Ruck:  Cox; McIntosh; Graham; Pyke

Fwd:  Fevola;Pavlich; Skipworth;Higgins; Thomas;Walker;Ziebell; Roughead

Currently 1st in my league 8-1, but have  played predominantly lower teams.
6 trades $356k in the bank.

Current plan is to sit tight for a while, maybe let a few games go by and kop losses (probably already made the finals).  Downgrade Ziebell at some stage, and leave 5 for upgrade/injury trades; letting who gets injured dictate who to trade, unless no-one is long-term injured by about 2 games out from finals.

Temptations are:
Roughead (inconsistent) -> S johnson or Riewoldt
Muston (? a fizzler)-> a big gun (GAJ or Hayes)
While Pendlebury is out to stay competitive.

If I were to do the second one; the plan would probably change to 2 downgrades; most likely adding Graham as the 2nd downgrade late in the season, with 3 more upgrades before the end.

Would really like to finish top 4 in the minor round to get a double-chance.  Despite currently topping it, I think the league is quite strong, and that there is a lot of sitting on trades happening.

Thoughts on the strategy and alternative suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

eatmywake

Actually traded differently  Ziebell out; Riewoldt in.  Now sitting on trades hoping for the return of at least some-one from  Drummond, Cox & Pendlebury.

No-one could improve on my plan.  I must be a genius !! ;D ;D ;D ;D