Bartel will play

Started by AlexIsOnFire, June 24, 2011, 12:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexIsOnFire

This guy is a true champion.

Go jimmy!!!!

"Bartel also said he would play this weekend against Adelaide after scans on his brain revealed no damage following a heavy knock to his head against the Saints last Saturday."

Jimbo_11

is there any chance he will be the sub though ?

Chopps

if there is the slightest chance he doesnt feel up to it, why wouldnt they rest him? i would be iffy that he will  play for sure,
hope he does though

glam77

have put him on my fied, but am not confident he will suit up on game day.

AlexIsOnFire

I very much doubt he'll be the sub, as if he was to be the sub surely they'd just rest him.

While there is a chance he wont play, playing on sunday is an advantage, and the fact its a home game makes all the difference too, so he doesnt have to fly anywhere... fingers crossed

elephants

I'm still moving him on. Has the strong chance of subbing it and he's going to be sparingly used and nursed through to the finals. Great player though.

JazDT

Bartel will have a final test tomorrow morning, convienently after lockout :(

Holz

very simular situtation to tags last week i was worried that he would be a late exclusion and when i saw he was playing i was happy untill he was subbed on a 50 and my bench scored 73.

CuStArDaRm

OMG! didnt think about him getting subbed!
I will be shattered if another one of my mid prems gets subbed!!!
I rather he didnt play then I'd start Mzungu!

Makes sence though, having said that its concussion it's not like a dodgey hammy or something where it gets a bit tight and they get subbed.
If he wasnt right I reckon he wouldnt play at all as apposed to a half.

Mr.Craig

Chill out folks, he'll be right as rain. 8)

Holz

its bartel though so he will probably be on 20 at halftime and post 100 in the second half. The only reason im worried about him being the half time sub like tags is bartel probably has the lowest first half average of the premium mids.

I wish i could sub captains take mitchell for his first half and bartel in the second :)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Holzman on June 24, 2011, 01:56:00 PM
its bartel though so he will probably be on 20 at halftime and post 100 in the second half. The only reason im worried about him being the half time sub like tags is bartel probably has the lowest first half average of the premium mids.

I wish i could sub captains take mitchell for his first half and bartel in the second :)
So true.

Alka

Only playing players by halves... employing our own sub rule... genius!

Even if he's not a sub but might not have as big an on the ball role as usual and his scoring will likely suffer for this week.
At least I hope so, my league opponent has him, I don't :P

Ziplock

tags being subbed saved my eliminator.

Deadset, I needed Jvoldt and Dal Santo to score 200 points between them to stand a chance, then I'm looking at his players and am like...

I don't stand a chance unless tags gets subbed off below 50 points...

he got subbed of on like 45 from memory and I won by 8 points :P

Spewing to be rank 30 :P

Gloat over.

If cat's are killing it, which they will, Bartel will be subbed. That being said, I'm surprised they're even playing him.

If Bartel is out, a little off topic, but what about Scott Thompson for Captain? (it's geelong vs adelaide right?)

look at how midfielders like jones, peake and dal santo did against a selwood + bartel- less geelong.

me

i never put scotty T captain just because he throws in a stinker each month and you never know when it's going to be

on topic though, i reckon bartel will play - the scans were precautionary and showed him to be all clear - he's been fine since the night of the concussion so i don't really see how he can possibly fail the final fitness test - a HEAP of guys are candidates for the sub ahead of him so i'm not worried and am going to hang onto him