Mine?

B: A McLeod, M Scarlett, S Silvagni
HB: G Jakovich, P Roos, G Wanganeen
C: R Harvey, N Buckley, M Voss
HF: J Hird, W Carey, P Matera
F: G Ablett Snr, T Lockett, B Johnson
Foll: D Cox, G Ablett Jnr, C Judd
Inter: A Goodes, B Cousins, G Williams, M Riccitio

Leaving out Fletcher, Brown, Tredrea, Lloyd, Sandi, Franklin, Fevola, Aker, Black.... So many key position greats, so little spaces

valkorum

FB: Wanganeen, Silvagni, McKenna
HB: McLeod, Jakovich, Worsfold
MID: Buckley, Voss, Matera, Harvey, Cousins
RUCK: Sandilands
HF: Hird, Carey, Lloyd
FF: Ablett (snr), Lockett, Dunstall

I went with Sandilands over Cox because imagine a dominant tap ruckman with that midfield compared to a good ruckman who plays as a midfielder.

Had to get in the awesome HB line from the early 90's Eagles of Woosha, Bluey and Jako - they were almost unbeatable.

Holz

i cant see many complaints in that team athe only thing i think i would change is i would put sandi on the bench. He basically is Freo right now they cant win without him and with him they are a finals team, but a fantastic list there.  i have never heard of williams (maybee im too young) but him to sandi would be my only change.

valkorum

Just realised I forgot to put my bench up -

FB: Wanganeen, Silvagni, McKenna
HB: McLeod, Jakovich, Worsfold
MID: Buckley, Voss, Matera, Harvey, Cousins
RUCK: Sandilands
HF: Hird, Carey, Lloyd
FF: Ablett (snr), Lockett, Dunstall
Interechange:  Cox, Jarman, Ricciuto, Judd

ossie85

Nice looking team Valk... but Carey, Lloyd, Ablett, Lockett and Dunstal seems way, way too tall!

Is a good point about Sandi v Cox when you have that midfield. Makes me reconsider. I selected Goodes as my 2nd ruckmen, because he did win a Brownlow in that position. No Scarlett Valk? I chose Brad Johnson over Jarman, but was a tough decision

@Holz, maybe a bit too young. Greg Williams won a Brownlow at two different clubs, and will probably be recognised eventually as a legend of the game. Though some of that was pre 1990

8-6 Suited

Good ole' Diesel.

I was going to do a team then I realized it is missing quite a few players who should be there, given it is 1990+. Like Daicos.

ossie85

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 24, 2011, 07:15:26 PM
Good ole' Diesel.

I was going to do a team then I realized it is missing quite a few players who should be there, given it is 1990+. Like Daicos.

And Clement, Millane

valkorum

Quote from: ossie85 on June 24, 2011, 04:51:12 PM

Nice looking team Valk... but Carey, Lloyd, Ablett, Lockett and Dunstal seems way, way too tall!

Is a good point about Sandi v Cox when you have that midfield. Makes me reconsider. I selected Goodes as my 2nd ruckmen, because he did win a Brownlow in that position. No Scarlett Valk? I chose Brad Johnson over Jarman, but was a tough decision

@Holz, maybe a bit too young. Greg Williams won a Brownlow at two different clubs, and will probably be recognised eventually as a legend of the game. Though some of that was pre 1990

I know I have  tall forward line but you cant leave out Plugga, Chief and Carey.  Just too much talent and goal kicking ability.  Went with Ablett Snr, Lloyd and Hird as smalls :P    Lloyd did play up the ground in his later years ;)

I actually dont rate Scarlett as the best full back - he is a great full back but Silvagni is easily 50x better than Scarlett.  Jarman over Johnson was an easy choice for me as he has (IMO) way more class than the smiling assassin.

Again I dont rate Goodes as good enough (see what I did there) to be in my side.  He is a great player but I think both his Brownlows were a little undeserving (2003 should have only been Buckley and Roo, 2006 should have been West or Kerr)

bomberboy0618

They stuffed up the date for the gazza part. Just noticed.

valkorum

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on June 27, 2011, 05:26:05 PM
They stuffed up the date for the gazza part. Just noticed.

What ya mean.  Gazza Snr played in the early 90's.  Kicked 10+ goals in a losing grand final against the Eagles in either 92 or 94 (I think 92)

bomberboy0618

Cruiseon