Main Menu

New TV - LED v LCD

Started by BGK, June 24, 2011, 10:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

Hey guys.

I'm looking at buying a new TV just wondering whether anyone here had a good idea on which is better. At the present moment I'm looking at getting a Sony Bravia LED LCD 46". What are your thoughts?

Thanks

valkorum

LED all the way.  Better picture quality and also uses less power than an LCD.

Also, I would go Samsung Series 8 instead of Sony Bravia.  Sony is WAY TOO OVERPRICED.

8-6 Suited

I have a Samsung series 6 LED and its a great TV. :D

valkorum

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 24, 2011, 01:51:34 PM
I have a Samsung series 6 LED and its a great TV. :D

I have the series 8 - but in LCD as I bought mine just as LED came out.  The price for the LED then was way too much.  If I had the extra $1500 I would have bought the LED.

LF

i have the bravia that you are looking at buying and it is great.
LED is so much better than LCD.we have one LCD and an LED and you can see the picture difference.
but i agree the samsung is just as good.
if we didn`t have the whole sony setup(the ps3 and the muteki stereo)we would have got the samsung.

pyronerd

yeah LED is better, gives a much clearer picture and as valk said uses less power

McRooster

42" Samsung Plasma for me, full 1080 - colour depth and flow is great in live sport but I have watched my mates 50" LCD Panasonic and it's great with movies.

Choose the right size for the room, my 42" is great in my lounge but a 50" you need to be sitting quite away back from to get best perspective.

Remember to haggle on the price  ;)

valkorum

Quote from: McRooster on June 24, 2011, 08:36:37 PM
42" Samsung Plasma for me, full 1080 - colour depth and flow is great in live sport but I have watched my mates 50" LCD Panasonic and it's great with movies.

Choose the right size for the room, my 42" is great in my lounge but a 50" you need to be sitting quite away back from to get best perspective.

Remember to haggle on the price  ;)

I got a big open plan lounge room so a 52" goes great - thinking of upgrading to a 60" and mounting it on the wall.

CrowsFan

I have got a 37" LG LCD, full 1080 HD and all that stuff that I don't understand haha.
Bought it last year when I moved up to Sydney, managed to get the price down from $1700 to $800 plus 3 added years free warranty on top of the 2 year warranty it already comes with :)
That was all I could afford being a poor uni student...  ::)

Master Q

LED is so much better but it costs a lot more.

I'd go for Samsung, if not Samsung then Panasonic, if not Panasonic then LG. Sony Bravia isn't that great.

I've got a 46' Panasonic Viera Plasma. It's great.

If you want great sport = Plasma. Great Movies = LCD.

Maca24

I also have a samsung in my room. There the way to go.

BGK

I'm thinking of going a plasma. Everyone keeps telling me that they are the best for sport. As long as it's great for sport is all I care about. I was surprised by how many people said it was the way to go.

I only have a small lounge so a 42 to 46 would be good.

I'm heading out tomorrow to get it. I will let you know what I decide.

Thanks for your thoughts.

GoldDigger

Google "whirlpool.net.au"

Best advice going on pretty much all electronic goods.

Ziplock

plasmas have a shorter life span from memory aye?

my tv is LCD and it's been serving me fine :)

valkorum

When I was looking at my TV I definitely noticed that Plasma is better for sports and LCD was better for TV/Movies.