Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you put

Shaun Higgins
20 (66.7%)
Drew Petrie
10 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

its me lads

Ok i will answer your questions, no im not crazy, no im not high. I just want to take a risk this week with my captains choice. Higgins who is in good form and playing gold coast this week when he got 126 last time he played them, he is named at half foward aswell. Or Petrie who is also in red hot form with 100+ last 4 of 5 games (94 last week) and he's up against the woeful port. Feel free to have a crack at me but please vote first :). fire away

hardnut

Love it.... Higgo, loving uncontested posies across HB + a few goals. 120+ in the making. Port have shut down a few key forwards, Carlisle is  a solid FB, not the week to punt on The Dish

Fenno

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:01:20 AM
Love it.... Higgo, loving uncontested posies across HB + a few goals. 120+ in the making. Port have shut down a few key forwards, Carlisle is  a solid FB, not the week to punt on The Dish
+1

Stocutz

Higgins has played 1 game roaming across half back. Very risky when u think of obvious others to pick.

Petrie could take the game by the scruff tho.

hardnut

Higgins has played 2 games in mid/HB, largely take Gilbee's role and allows Murphy to be  a swing man, suit their structure better. Much less risky than Petrie imo but I never pick key forwards as captain

Stocutz

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:10:10 AM
Higgins has played 2 games in mid/HB, largely take Gilbee's role and allows Murphy to be  a swing man, suit their structure better. Much less risky than Petrie imo but I never pick key forwards as captain

He played on the wing last week with no accountability.
Against the saints the week before he had the 1st half as a roaming defender but then got baker from memory and was shut down/ non existent in the 2nd half.

If ur picking him as capt due to being loose man, think again it will be highly unlikely.

hardnut

Watched both games, true HB against Saints and so good at it he was tagged. True he played a lot on wing against the crows but plenty of posies on back half and "no accountability" is the definition of DT gold! GCS have th ehighest number of uncontested posies against so why would you think he will struggle?

Andrew

I wouldn't ever have Higgins in my team, let alone as captain... What are your premo mids doing this week if you're considering Higgins/Petrie?

hardnut

He wants a unique captain Andrew, I like his style. I've also got Higgins too and though the injury was frustrating and the 29 painful he's actually been pretty good outside that and clearly has heaps of talent. Never say never! Go Higgo!

AlexIsOnFire

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:01:20 AM

You honestly think the doggies will have the ball down in their backline enough for higgins to run around chipping and marking??? ahhh no.

He did it for half of 1 game and scored well, then was tagged for the remaining half and barely touched it.

The ball will get cleared straight out of the middle into the doggies FWD line...  Boyd is the obvious captain choice this week after a dismal game last week, he'll be off the leash to rack em up.

Holz

hmm i can see petrie getting a score of 90-110 but not much more. I think the roos will look to spread there golakickers so i dont think petrie will be posting any huge score. Not sure if you will get an advantage over people playing ablett or boyd. Higgins i have no idea i dont watch enough dogs games, i would just not tecomend petrie if your wanting a possible 130+ (dont hate me if he gets 10 goals though).

PowerBug

I would say Higgins out of those two, coz Port's talls - Carlile, Chaplin, Trengrove, are too good. North's smalls and mids will kills us.

Holz

Quote from: PowerBug on June 24, 2011, 10:16:57 AM
I would say Higgins out of those two, coz Port's talls - Carlile, Chaplin, Trengrove, are too good. North's smalls and mids will kills us.

i agree 100% if you are going to put anyone captain this week from the roos the only safe bet is swallow.

Mr.Craig

plugz19