Mental move!

Started by elephants, June 23, 2011, 11:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I do this mental move?

Do it, you'll get a load of money and your forward line isn't left too weak
3 (37.5%)
Don't do it you spud. Roo is a gun he'll be back...?
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

elephants

I am considering trading nick riewoldt down to Ian callinan. This will leave my forward line looking like this...
Buddy, Steve J, fyfe, Sylvia, Petrie, knights, didak
(mzungu, smith, Richardson)
Too weak with knights starting? Pretty happy with my cover though (callinan will be in my mids)
This will earn me a stack of cash and will allow me to being in anyone for bartel (even though rocky is who I'm most keen on.
What do we think?
I'll have 8 trades left after this one.

Chelskiman

It's crazy enough to work BUT, the Saints have a great run coming up, and Saint Nick is a star and could pump out som big scores during that time.  It's up to you but I'd personally be keeping Roo.

elephants

Thanks mate. Roo is a star but he is being double teamed in an otherwise measly forward line. Not fantastic honestly...

Mr.Craig

It wouldn't be so bad if the midfield could actually kick it to him on the full...

It's not such a mental move but chances are he'd explode as soon as you did it.

elephants

I'm thinking that I'm going to take the chance on roo exploding ;)

hardnut

No need to trade Bartel it seems, just keep Roo, he's not hurting you as we all have him and you'd hate to be the one without him when he comes good

elephants

Good point hardnut. flower this silly game. Is knights/Richardson better to offload then? Also I am trading bartel as he isn't scoring to his full potential and is obviously a cut below my other premiums. Also with this latest head knock I can see him being closely monitored in the finals lead up. He has a dodge bye in there somewhere too.

hardnut

I was saying flick Bartel a couple of weeks ago but without Selwood he may get a full midlfield role and at least recover some value (concussion notwithstanding). If in doubt LE hold your trades. If you have the $$'s Richo>Pav, Sylvia will improve depth and avg score

Wes Mantooth

I would and will be keeping voldt

elephants

Backline - Heppell -> fisher

Mids - Jimmy -> rocky

Rucks - smith -> sandi (if enough trades)

Fwds - done.

Happy with my fwd line. I'm keeping roo despite his crappyness. I want callinan this week so I have smith/mzungu starting in my Fwds (for roo and buddy).
Knights -> callinan
Jimmy -> rocky (I know you're all against it but rocky has a good run home and is a magnet)

Leaves me with 6 trades after all of the above are done.

hardnut

don't like the Jimmy>Rocky trade.. +5-10ppg avg not worth a trade and personally never trade in an unisghted rookies especially not for a forward that would certainly figure in starting team.

Regardless good luck LE!

Andrew

I'd say yes... if you didn't also have Knights in your forward line? He has gotta go before Nick Riewoldt.

Quote from: elephants on June 24, 2011, 01:01:01 AM
Knights -> callinan
Jimmy -> rocky (I know you're all against it but rocky has a good run home and is a magnet)

Leaves me with 6 trades after all of the above are done.

I'm not against your Rockliffe trade buddy and if I had a couple more trades I'd likely be doing Heppell -> Rockliffe this week. Good luck.

hardnut

Heppell> Rockliff is a great trade, but totally different to Bartel>Rockliff imo

elephants

I could do Heppell -> rockliffe but I'd lose my back/mid mpp...

hardnut

If you have solid mid-fwd mpp I don't see that as a big loss