Previous topic - Next topic

Who to trade out?

Lower
24 (82.8%)
Broughton
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Chelskiman

I'm bringing in Shaw this week, of that there is no doubt.  My question, though, is who to trade out - Lower or Broughton.

Chelskiman

Mr.Craig

Lower -- Shaw. Broughton seems like he has got over his stinky patch (when I owned him). Is there anyone else you could trade for Shaw though? I've got Lower too and would rather trade out Heppell or Pop if I needed another premium back.

Chelskiman

I have 8 trades and $210,400 in the bank.  I will be going Matera to Sylvia which will leave me with $92,600, so to get Shaw it's either trade Lower or Broughton. 

Slap

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 23, 2011, 11:34:55 PM
I have 8 trades and $210,400 in the bank.  I will be going Matera to Sylvia which will leave me with $92,600, so to get Shaw it's either trade Lower or Broughton.

Lower has more than done his job for you.  Perhaps once you trade him, broughton will feel less threatened and then start playing better :P

Chelskiman

Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 11:40:28 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on June 23, 2011, 11:34:55 PM

Lower has more than done his job for you.  Perhaps once you trade him, broughton will feel less threatened and then start playing better :P

I know Lower has done his job, but we are talking about Broughton here.  Both average roughly the same, and at this stage of the year that has to be taken seriously.  Broughton, however, has got his average by getting massive scores and terrible scores.  Lower, on the other hand, has his average by being much more consistent.  That is why I made this poll.

fran

at the end of the day Broughton has more upside and u got him in as a premium. I'd keep him

Chelskiman

Quote from: fran on June 24, 2011, 12:00:34 AM
at the end of the day Broughton has more upside and u got him in as a premium. I'd keep him

Yeah, and I was expecting premium type scores, but that didn't happen except for a crazy month where he was thrown into the midfield.  I haven't made my mind up, but at least with Lower's 70 odd average he gets 70 more times than not.  Broughton's 70 odd average is a acombination of 40 one week and 100 the next (give or take).

hardnut

shame you can't flick both...but Lower in this h2h. Broughton has a huge ceiling IF he plays in middle. Lower is playing in middle and apart for a couple of big efforts has been an indifferent scorer for a mid

Slap

I know, I forgot to add, I'd take broughton, he has been playing better of late.  Its a risk, but im guessing you'd want both out at the end of the day.  Alternatively I'd take both of them as bench cover.

Chelskiman

I probably could flick both, but it would be a luxury trade, and I would only do it going into the GF if I make it. 

It really is such a tough decision on which one to dump though.  I guess Broughton has better js, because when the injured players come back Lower could be in danger.  The other train of though is that when Lower has a bad game it's a 60 score (not including being subbed), but when Broughton has a bad game it's a 40-50 score.  The flip side to that is when Lower has a good game it's a 100 score, but when Broughton guns it it's a 120 score.  I had no idea my final def upgrade would be so hard. =(

thanme

Given (apart from last week) Broughtons last few games, he can consistenly score 80+, whereas Lower is good for 70 most weeks. If it was me, I'd trade Lower.

Chelskiman

Ok, cheers guys.  20 people voted and 80% of you think Lower should go, so I'll trust you guys and go Lower to Shaw.

thanme

Don't blame us if Lower smashes out tons for the rest of the year while Broughton gets an LTI though :P

Chelskiman

Haha, that would be just my luck too. xD