Why are we jumping off CK?

Started by The Grundles, June 23, 2011, 07:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:22:21 AM
I'm not jumping off, happy enough with him, would rather hold the trade. Too many trades are driven by BE, his price will drop yes but you can be just as certain it will rebound excellent 8th forward imo

Im in the same boat, 8th fwd or first bench. He is my first bench atm.

RiOtChEsS

95 against the cats ???

prolly not ;D certainly will knock out 100 before years end just not this week :-X

Slap

Quote from: Marcz on June 24, 2011, 12:52:23 AM
95 against the cats ???

prolly not ;D certainly will knock out 100 before years end just not this week :-X

Never say never marcz :P

but your right, prolly not. hahah

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: The Grundles on June 23, 2011, 07:59:11 PM
Why is there such an exodus from Chris Knights??? Sure he had 1 bad game where he was subbed off due to a migrane and he has a pretty high B/E...but he is still averaging 75 and for a player that cost 221k at the beginning of the season, he still has the ability to churn out 90's.  You watch him burn you all this week with a 95!

i agree dude, two of his fav sides play the crows in the next two weeks. i think he'll bounce back

hardnut

was pleasantly surprised to see he likes playing the cats and doesn't mind Skilled. Go Knighter!!

Chelskiman

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:59:19 AM
was pleasantly surprised to see he likes playing the cats and doesn't mind Skilled. Go Knighter!!

Tbh, that was when the Crows were decent.  They are full on spuds now.  I don't have him, but I'd be surprised if he got past 70 this week (this comment will come back to bite me on the arse)

Andrew

Quote from: The Grundles on June 23, 2011, 07:59:11 PM
Why is there such an exodus from Chris Knights??? Sure he had 1 bad game where he was subbed off due to a migrane and he has a pretty high B/E...but he is still averaging 75 and for a player that cost 221k at the beginning of the season, he still has the ability to churn out 90's.  You watch him burn you all this week with a 95!

Has been up & down all year really and if not sold now will lose a heap of cash - the odds of him scoring 95 v Geelong at Skilled Stadium are extremely low and even if he does he's still down a fair chunk. So unless you're happy with him as your 7th forward, he has to be either upgraded (to the many good options) or downgraded (Callinan or Dalhaus are just about the last 2 decent forward downgrades). And if you've got Knights as your 7th forward come DT finals time, I'd be happy to take you on  :)

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 24, 2011, 01:04:45 AM

Tbh, that was when the Crows were decent.  They are full on spuds now.  I don't have him, but I'd be surprised if he got past 70 this week (this comment will come back to bite me on the arse)

I also agree with you on that - Adelaide players are a different proposition now compared to their early season form and I'm nervous with having Scott Thompson in my team compared to say a Mitchell or Redden.

Don't worry about doubting Knights coming back to bite you on the arse - everyone is hopping off him!

hardnut

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 24, 2011, 01:04:45 AM

Hope so Chelks coz I'm starting him!

AlexIsOnFire

Darling to Callinan and Knights to Sylvia.....

When there are opportunities to grab premos at rock bottom prices you need to grab them...

Knights will tank, especially against geelong, and Sylvia is the cheapest he'll be all year...

I wanted Knights as my 8th fwd, but actually would rather have Mzungu as my 8th now with DPP.

Holz

Quote from: hardnut on June 24, 2011, 12:22:21 AM
I'm not jumping off, happy enough with him, would rather hold the trade. Too many trades are driven by BE, his price will drop yes but you can be just as certain it will rebound excellent 8th forward imo

I agree with this call I never look at BE in making the choice to trade someone out or not unless they are a rookie. I got rid of him to sylvia because i think i can make 15 points more a week and im using 8 forwards most week to cover the mids. So he wouldnt be on my bench.

Insider out

I'm going knights to cloke this week.    Barring injury It should be worth a conservitive 500 points over the balance of the year. 

Unless you can talk me into Fyfe or Didak.