Change to trading for next season...

Started by iamdpw, June 23, 2011, 03:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamdpw

Can we, as DT consumers please collectively request the following amendment to trading for next season...

Trading a player out and trading another player in with the same click is stupid. The process should be:
1. Trade out whoever you want.
2. Go back to your team and swap the dual position players around (if you wish).
3. Trade in the player you want.

This way you'd be able to potentially trade in a midfielder for a defender, as long as you have chosen to pick up dual position players in your side. It doesn't disadvantage anyone, you're just afforded more flexibility by having more versatile players in your team. It also doesn't breach any rules regarding the number of players you have in each position either, you're just using the money you have to bring in a player who will add the most to your side. I don't really see why this isn't the case already to be honest.

Holz

i agree when broughton went down i would have loved to have traded him to selwood and i could have moved hibberd back into the backline. Instead i was forced to double trade to bring in a mid.

snapper

plugz19

Macman5005

I like it. How do we go about progressing this idea?

foolysik

Agree,
I also have an idea, we should have the ability to use a "Power Play" with trades - For example , if I use my power play I can use 3 trades instead of 2. Would have helped avoid last weeks issues. Maybe have two Power plays for the year.

PattoC

I know one of the developers from VirtualSports, will forward this thread on to him...

iamdpw

If you legitimately know someone Patto, then Gracias!

PattoC

Ziplock

good effort. Yeah, that issue with dpp has bugged me this year as well.

matt1985

Quote from: Ziplock on June 23, 2011, 06:53:05 PM
good effort. Yeah, that issue with dpp has bugged me this year as well.

+1

Would love to see this implemented into next years DT :) Awesome suggestion iamdpw!

glynman90

Definitely a good idea but what happens if you are rushing to trade just before lockout and get caught with a player out but no one in?

Ziplock

it would be made so you physically can't say your trades until you have a full team, like it is in the pre-season. If you're halfway through it and lockout happens, I'd presume it'd just cancel your trade- that's what it does now aye?

PowerBug

100% agree aswell. Would've loved it this year.

mwaxo

I like the idea.

If anyone plays fantasy premier league I can recommend their trading model. Its too long to explain completely but...

- all trades are done on one page. click a player to remove, click a player from the list to replace him, click to confirm.

- can do this with multiple players at once, in different positions, with your $$$ displayed so its easy to see how different combinations look (and if you can afford it) without actually trading (until you click confirm). This would allow you to move your MPPs around as well.

- they also have a free trade every round, but if you use more you are docked points from your next score (say 100 in DT), so its not worth just trading like crazy.

- there are a few other differences but that is the bones of it.

I doubt people would jump at the change, but I reckon it a lot better than the DT system, and there is just as much tactical skill involved.

- No more being stuck with some rookie who never gets a game and isn't worth trading.
- No more having your team decimated for the season by injury.

Cop a hit and trade them out, but still be competitive.

let me know what you think, especially if you have used fantasy premier league.