Slappy Hour

Started by Slap, June 23, 2011, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eski_liddr

should i get rid of foley and upgrade this week?

or knights to sylvia or Stevie J

btw just finished my last exam for the degree today..wrapped! how long u have left?

Bak2Form

hey SLappp,

Puopolo too Suckling? this a good week todo it or hold off? if so hold off to when? not a big fan of shaw with my history having him

Slap

Quote from: Bak2Form on June 23, 2011, 04:22:56 PM
hey SLappp,

Puopolo too Suckling? this a good week todo it or hold off? if so hold off to when? not a big fan of shaw with my history having him

Check out my reply on page one of this thread.  Answers this question perfectly.

Cicjose

any boys to downgrade duigan down to next week?

Memphistopheles

Hi Slap,
Two part question here.
Who to upgrade this week â€" Heppell or Knights (other trade is Selwood--->Swan/Pendles)
If Heppell â€" Shaw or Suckling
If Knights â€" Stevie J (Bearing in mind I have Chappy), Harvey (got Petrie), LeCras, Higgins, Rioli or another forward prem who doesn’t have a multi-bye (Fre, Rich, Bris, Ade, Syd or Melb).

Slap

Quote from: eski_liddr on June 23, 2011, 04:18:52 PM

btw just finished my last exam for the degree today..wrapped! how long u have left?

I finish on Friday arvo.  Then straight on a plane to Melb for a little bit.  Bout time i get to use my MCC membership!

I haven't been a massive advocate of Foleys.  Although he has eventually done his job; he has earnt you in excess of 100k.  So a job well done.  But, it is time to move on.  Foley's BE according to FF is 117, and that is well above his average of 81.  He looks likely for a price drop.  He is priced at a handy 338k which allows you to upgrade to a gun quite easily.  Ultimately, you could hang onto him and risk Montagna in a few weeks time, who should drop below the 300k mark.  He has a nice run home and averaged 115 last season.  Although it could be an unnecessary risk, maybe an upgrade to an ablett or boyd is more sensible.  This obviously depends on your pocket money and how many trades you have left.

As for Knights, I'm thinking about keeping him as perma cover in my fwds.  He hasn't really earnt anything (50k) and I don't usually like spending trades on players that havn't been injured or havn't earnt me 100k.  I'd prefer to upgrade players like Darling/Matera/Krak.  But if you don't have them, Knights is a worthy candidate.  He is averaging a mediocre 75, wheras Sylvia and Stevie are in the ton region.  If you can increase your weekly scores by 25+points, I say do it.  it could be the difference between winning and losing. 

As for trading, it all depends on how your team is going, how much cash you have and how many trades you ahve left.  Be sensible with your trades.  If your running low, perhaps save them for the latter stages of the season.  Also consider who you target as an upgrade.  Stevie J has a Bye in the finals which could end up costing you a premiership.  Although, if Bartel ends his season with his injury, Stevie J could even be a permanent Midfielder in the Geelong side...

Slap

Quote from: Cicjose on June 23, 2011, 04:50:53 PM
any boys to downgrade duigan down to next week?

I saw that Ben Bucavas or something liek that play on the weekend.  he was subbed on around half time and scored a little under 50 (from memory).

Golby from Brisbane has scored OK, but has played two games now and is on the bubble.

There are a few more, like schofield from the dogs (1 game).  But i think he'll be lucky to get another game.

Dalhaus looks alright in the mids, but I'd prefer Callinan and pocket the extra cash.

Another guy that could be looked at in the fwds is patrick karnezis, who kick two goals in his first two kicks in AFL.  (one game).

Overall, there isn't to much being birthed at this time of the season.  In my team, I'll be looking for someone that is dirt cheap and possibly MPP with my mids, even if they play or not.  I should have plenty of cover and by slecting a dirt cheap player, I can gain that tiny bit of cash I may need for those final upgrades.

eski_liddr

Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 04:53:13 PM

I finish on Friday arvo.  Then straight on a plane to Melb for a little bit.  Bout time i get to use my MCC membership!

I haven't been a massive advocate of Foleys.  Although he has eventually done his job; he has earnt you in excess of 100k.  So a job well done.  But, it is time to move on.  Foley's BE according to FF is 117, and that is well above his average of 81.  He looks likely for a price drop.  He is priced at a handy 338k which allows you to upgrade to a gun quite easily.  Ultimately, you could hang onto him and risk Montagna in a few weeks time, who should drop below the 300k mark.  He has a nice run home and averaged 115 last season.  Although it could be an unnecessary risk, maybe an upgrade to an ablett or boyd is more sensible.  This obviously depends on your pocket money and how many trades you have left.

As for Knights, I'm thinking about keeping him as perma cover in my fwds.  He hasn't really earnt anything (50k) and I don't usually like spending trades on players that havn't been injured or havn't earnt me 100k.  I'd prefer to upgrade players like Darling/Matera/Krak.  But if you don't have them, Knights is a worthy candidate.  He is averaging a mediocre 75, wheras Sylvia and Stevie are in the ton region.  If you can increase your weekly scores by 25+points, I say do it.  it could be the difference between winning and losing. 

As for trading, it all depends on how your team is going, how much cash you have and how many trades you ahve left.  Be sensible with your trades.  If your running low, perhaps save them for the latter stages of the season.  Also consider who you target as an upgrade.  Stevie J has a Bye in the finals which could end up costing you a premiership.  Although, if Bartel ends his season with his injury, Stevie J could even be a permanent Midfielder in the Geelong side...

Legend! Really appreciate the time you've taken out and the info provided.
if you get a chance have a look at the team/details I have recently posted - http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,39543.0.html

Cheers!

glam77

Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 04:58:47 PM

Dalhaus looks alright in the mids, but I'd prefer Callinan and pocket the extra cash.

isn't Doll-house fwd only?

Slap

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 23, 2011, 04:51:48 PM
Hi Slap,
Two part question here.
Who to upgrade this week â€" Heppell or Knights (other trade is Selwood--->Swan/Pendles)
If Knights â€" Stevie J (Bearing in mind I have Chappy), Harvey (got Petrie), LeCras, Higgins, Rioli or another forward prem who doesn’t have a multi-bye (Fre, Rich, Bris, Ade, Syd or Melb).

Firstly, why not the Heppell and Knights trade?  Selwood isn't playing and will not change in price, so you won't lose anything there.  Swan will most likely become cheaper next round and you win everywhere.

If you cant, I'd do the Heppell trade.  He is looking slower than usual and will lose further cash in his coming games.  I love the kid, but he has well and truly done the job you brought him in to do.  As for Shaw and Suckling - I want Suckling.  See my post on page one for my reasons.

As for why I wouldn't do the Knights one:
He has been very, very, very, very underwhelming lately.  But its hard to forget that we were all once happy with this pick/prick :P.  Anyway, my point is, he is in a trough, and hopefully he has hit to turning point and will start to improve.  He has only earnt you 50 odd k and doesn't really warrant a trade like heppell does.  he is a seasoned player and could be great Perma cover in your fwds (which is what I am planning atm).  I cant see Knights getting worse than he is now, he is an important part of the Adelaide FC and hopefully he pulls his finger out.  And when he does, hopefully everyone has traded him and doesnt reap the benefits.

And if you did go to the Knights trade, I'd target a Fyfe or Sylvia.  Someone that has a bye in the multi bye round.  Stevie J when you have Chappy and Harvey when you have petrie is a few players (just in your fwds, let alone the rest of your team), that you'll be missing in the finals due to byes.

Slap

Quote from: glam77 on June 23, 2011, 05:01:44 PM
Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 04:58:47 PM

isn't Doll-house fwd only?
My mistake. I meant to say fwds.

skittles

Slapster, team is as follows:

Defenders:
Shaw, Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Adcock, Suckling, Heppell (Duigan, Stanley, Paups)
Mids:
Chapman, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Ablett, Selwood (Jacobs, Mzungu, Hibberd)
Rucks:
Cox, Sandi (Smith, Tippett)
Forwards:
Franklin, Goodes, N, Riewoldt, Petrie, Knights, J Riewoldt, Howe(Callinan, Richardson, Prestia)

I have 11 Trades Left, and 230k in the bank. My plan is to get Sylvia in this week, and Swan in the week after. Chapman and Sylvia would end up in my forwards once my team is set.

Just wondering your thoughts on who i should trade out this week for sylvia, and who for swan next week. I will also have to do one more downgrade to get swanny in, probably in backs, and targets for a downgrade? leaving me with 8 trades. Not too worried bout the next few weeks, just finals.

Yours faithfully, Skittle bomb

Slap

Quote from: skittles on June 23, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
Slapster, team is as follows:

Defenders:
Shaw, Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Adcock, Suckling, Heppell (Duigan, Stanley, Paups)
Mids:
Chapman, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Ablett, Selwood (Jacobs, Mzungu, Hibberd)
Rucks:
Cox, Sandi (Smith, Tippett)
Forwards:
Franklin, Goodes, N, Riewoldt, Petrie, Knights, J Riewoldt, Howe(Callinan, Richardson, Prestia)

I have 11 Trades Left, and 230k in the bank. My plan is to get Sylvia in this week, and Swan in the week after. Chapman and Sylvia would end up in my forwards once my team is set.

Just wondering your thoughts on who i should trade out this week for sylvia, and who for swan next week. I will also have to do one more downgrade to get swanny in, probably in backs, and targets for a downgrade? leaving me with 8 trades. Not too worried bout the next few weeks, just finals.

Yours faithfully, Skittle bomb

EDIT: Ok, i wrote a but of stuff here before, but realised it was confusing to read.  i did a team up for you what it could look like if you went with this idea...

IMO, I think, Heppell to Sylvia once you MPP him with Jacobs.  And Selwood to Swan.  You can play Swan in the mids, and MPP sylvia to the Fwds with Callinan.  I'd also MPP  a few people around just for cover.

Your team if you did the trades this week:

Defenders:
Shaw, Gibbs, Deledio, Stanley, Paups, Suckling, Hibberd (Duigan, Adcock, Jacobs (EMG))
Mids:
Chapman, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Ablett, Swan (Goddard,  Prestia (EMG), Callinan)
Rucks:
Cox, Sandi (Smith (EMG), Tippett)
Forwards:
Sylvia, Goodes, Mzungu , Petrie, Knights, J Riewoldt, Howe (N Riewoldt, Richardson, Franklin (SUSP))

Obviously its a bit thin this week with all your saints players gone, Adcock and Franklin out as well.  But once they are back, your team will be better.  And then you can focus on getting Chappy back to the Fwds and upgrading a bench mid to another Gun Midfielder.

I confused myself a bit, but i think its a viable option you may not have thought of

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 04:53:13 PM

Sorry to steal your thunder Slap, but I also have Foley so this question also affects me.
I will be keeping Foley for one more week purely because he is playing Melbourne.
Foley’s scores this season reflect that he loves playing against weaker sides.
Foley has scored three tons this season and one score of 97. They have come against North Melbourne (108), Brisbane (123 and 97) and Port Adelaide (127).
The other teams Rich have played are Car, StK, Haw, Coll, Fre, WB, Ess, Syd where Foley has scored less than 90.
The pattern here is that he loves the weaker teams and Melbourne has been giving up plenty of DT points this season.
Plus guys like Martin, Cotchin and Deledio are likely to get the tags leaving Foley free.
I think while he might not hit his BE this week he has a good chance of tonning up.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Slap on June 23, 2011, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 23, 2011, 04:51:48 PM
Hi Slap,
Two part question here.

Firstly, why not the Heppell and Knights trade?  Selwood isn't playing and will not change in price, so you won't lose anything there.  Swan will most likely become cheaper next round and you win everywhere.

If you cant, I'd do the Heppell trade.  He is looking slower than usual and will lose further cash in his coming games.  I love the kid, but he has well and truly done the job you brought him in to do.  As for Shaw and Suckling - I want Suckling.  See my post on page one for my reasons.

As for why I wouldn't do the Knights one:
He has been very, very, very, very underwhelming lately.  But its hard to forget that we were all once happy with this pick/prick :P.  Anyway, my point is, he is in a trough, and hopefully he has hit to turning point and will start to improve.  He has only earnt you 50 odd k and doesn't really warrant a trade like heppell does.  he is a seasoned player and could be great Perma cover in your fwds (which is what I am planning atm).  I cant see Knights getting worse than he is now, he is an important part of the Adelaide FC and hopefully he pulls his finger out.  And when he does, hopefully everyone has traded him and doesnt reap the benefits.

And if you did go to the Knights trade, I'd target a Fyfe or Sylvia.  Someone that has a bye in the multi bye round.  Stevie J when you have Chappy and Harvey when you have petrie is a few players (just in your fwds, let alone the rest of your team), that you'll be missing in the finals due to byes.

a) I'm going for overall and Swan/Pendles in for Selwood gives me more points than a Heppell/Knights upgrade IMO. Also if I keep Selwood another week there is no point trading him out.

b) I was leaning towards Shaw but Suckling might be a better bet - for reasons u listed.

c) Knights has been good - but not good enough for me as a premium. I demand 90+ point average from my forward prems. As for getting Sylvia/Fyfe I'm going for overall and if I get someone with a bye in the first multi bye round I get a doughnut and risk another unless Prestia plays. Reason is Mzungu and Howe are two of my back-ups and also have a bye then. Even mpp won't help.

If you had to pick out of LeCras, Higgins, Cloke and Rioli who would u take?