Who would you choose?

Started by Hawks_1976, June 23, 2009, 08:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

If you had a combined $904,700 to spend on a midfielder and a forward who would you get and why?

Genuine responses please.

ong111

cross/boyd in the mids - cheap and solid

J.brown in the forward - has been a big finisher in previous years but u prolly already have him.
So you could go Porplyzia he is looking better each week.

MiGZ

2Fat2Old

As a crows supporter stay away from the porps.
Hes got more helpers down there at the moment so there not just going to him. Last year he was scoring well because others werent doing too much. This year Tippett/Walker/Knights & even to lesser extent Stevens/Dangerfield & Burton is only 4 weeks away they reckon.
Geez big post there i gotta eat feelin faint  :)

Prospector_1

Caro's on, gotta go - delicious!

2Fat2Old

Caro -  I seriously want to eat that
C'mon boys picture it, use your imagination   ;) :) :D ;D :P

Hawks_1976

Sorry guys, my mistake for not posting who I already have.

M: Ablett, Judd, Bartel, Dal Santo, Kornes
F: Pavlich, Franklin, Fevola, Chapman, Davey, J.Brown.

So I need one more mid and one more forward with the 904k to finish these off nicely.

I must say Kornes has been a little disappointing, a pure DTer, but he averaged 112 SC in 07. I thought Port would be improvers this year. but he has still averaged 90.

I don't think anyone could have predicted Buddy to fall away like he has this year. But my luck I get rid of him and he explodes in the 2nd half of the season.

Anyhow, 904k to spend and your feedback is appreciated.

nas

Pweter

If you can hold out for a week or 2 I'd think about getting Gibbs and Harvey when they bottom out.

If you insist on trading this week, possible Boyd or Cross, and Porplyzia.

wardie

Stevie J with a combination of either Griffen/stevens/Stanton?? depending on how much cash you want left.

Hawks_1976

Re: Naste ; I have Aaron Davey.

I like the Gibbs / Harvey option. Although at the same price as Gibbs I'm more inclined to go with Cooney. Question is, do you think Harvey is going to re capture his old form? With the exception of one game prior to his injury, he looked to be struggling.

Stevie J / Griffen is another worthy combo to consider, thanks. I wonder if Griffen has turned the corner? He seems to have missed the hype of his high draft status due to the whole Tambling/Franklin arguement.

Pweter

Cooney and Harvey, even better mate. I guess it would mean 1 trade this week given Cooney is set to go up in price and then another trade in a couple of weeks for Harvey.

It leaves you with $430K or so which means you are banking on Harvey dropping another $50K or so which should happen given he has a donut hanging over his head for the next fortnight. I reckon he is a worthy risk and will be a value pick for what you pay, I am looking at him as my upgrade for Ziebell.

If your not sold on Harvey then Porplyzia is the only bloke in that price bracket I'd consider if you intend on getting Cooney or $480K-ish midfielder. Porps has turned the corner IMO.

On Griffen, I am not a fan. Had him last year and he let me down. Got him at the start this year and whilst he started ok he let me down again. He might be turning the corner but don't get excited based on 1 game against pitiful opposition who stopped trying.

Hawks_1976

I am leaning towards getting Akermanis, he has bottomed out at 392k and is a bargain for someone averaging 88.
Then next week I should have about 545k to spend on a mid.
Jude Bolton is consistent and looks like an option (541k,BE 100) while Selwood and Sewell would come into contention if they scored under 90 this week. Both have very high BEs and could drop into this bracket.

verda32

aker is extremely inconsent thats why he is so cheap.

Hawks_1976

From memory, Aker has had 7 out of 11 games over 90 this year. I'll take that. I think he had a bad game a couple of weeks ago a 26 or something which has contributed to his price drop. 88 is a reasonable average for the price.  Especially when you consider that I, like many, purchased Buddy for 576k at the start of the year and he has averaged 82 with a 23 last week!