Main Menu

Top 10 AFL players in 2011

Started by bensomerford, June 22, 2011, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bensomerford

Who do you think should be in the list for the top 10 players so far in 2011... ross lyon said daisy thomas is the best? no way
here's my list

http://thebigtip.com.au/afl/top-10-afl-players-2011-far

AFEV

Of 2011 so far? Interesting one here, are we going for importance to the team such as Judd & GAJ or just pure performance?
That is a really good list by the way I pretty much agree with everything you have said there.

Hulmie

I think Jude Bolton would have to be in the top 10 the way he's played this year.

8-6 Suited

Marc Murphy should be higher than Judd. The way people suck on his pole astounds me.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 22, 2011, 03:03:23 PM
Marc Murphy should be higher than Judd. The way people suck on his pole astounds me.
I agree. Murphy is underrated as many people see Judd and think he is more important. He is more gamebreaking, but if you want a Consistent player who will always do his job no matter what, Murphy would be swapped with Judd.

Kelly was a suprise but can't leave out any Geelong Players due to them going undefeated so far. Agree he has stepped up his game and been a Star 8). I'd also lean to give Mitchell a spot somewhere but don't know who to pull out :-\.

Boomz

I'd have Stevie J in there before Kelly...

RiOtChEsS

pretty solid list, difficult to dissect really... Dustin Martin anyone?

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on June 22, 2011, 03:03:23 PM
if Judd doesnt take the number 1 tag Murph isnt as effective

much the same way Swan and Pendles r freeing up Daisy...

he handled the number 1 tag well didnt he  ;D

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on June 22, 2011, 03:21:54 PM
I'd have Stevie J in there before Kelly...
I reckon Kelly has been better than SJ, just hasn't gone as well fantasy wise.
Murphy could probably be put above Judd, he has probably played a bit better but IMHO if Judd had missed all those games it owuld have hurt the Blues more than if Murphy was out. That being said I hope Murphy kills him in the Charlie because as good as Judd is he is no where near good enough to be a triple Brownlow winner.

8-6 Suited

Dustin "Hard cow with a neck tattoo" Martin should be top 10 for sure as well.

c4v3m4n

My top 10 in no particular order:

1. Dean Cox
2. Scott Pendlebury
3. Marc Murphy
4. Gary Ablett Jnr
5. Matt Priddis
6. Lance Franklin
7. Matthew Pavlich
8. Sam Fisher
9. Daniel Wells
10. Matthew Boyd

ossie85

Nice list Cavemen, Wells has been great.... but not that great IMO. Doubt he'll make All-Aus

My top 10 so far:

1. Lance Franklin
2. Dean Cox
3. Scott Pendlebury
4. Gary Ablett
5. Marc Murphy
6. Sam Fisher
7. Dale Thomas
8. Travis Cloke
9. Steve Johnson
10. Brad Ottens

Justin Bieber

Cloke in there, sure it wasn't a bit biased Oss? :P.

Reckon Boyd and Martin deserve places as well. Can't believe they didn't come to mind before. If it was top 15, it would have been much easier than top 10 :P.

c4v3m4n

If I were to extend my list, players like Sandi, Judd, Daisy, Swallow, Stevie J and Adelaide's Scott Thompson, IMO, would get the jump ahead of Dustin Martin.

There's no doubt he's a great player and will become a superstar for Richmond, but not top 10 material yet.

As for Wells Ossie, I agree he probably wont make All-Australian, but that's probably because were over-loaded with such great midfield talent this year. He's definitely turned over a new leaf in his career and (coming from a North supporter too) it's about goddamn time.

8-6 Suited

You have Daniel Wells ahead of Dustin Martin which is a terrible, terrible call. Sure he has had a great year but the impact he has made definitely isn't in the same degree as Dustin Martin. Martin has also put a decent amount of goals, quite a lot for a midfielder.

8-6 Suited

10 Dustin Martin
9 Travis Cloke
8 Steve Johnson
7 Dale Thomas
6 Matt Priddis
5 Gary Ablett Jnr
4 Marc Murphy
3 Dean Cox
2 Matthew Boyd
1 Scott Pendlebury

Easy decision come the end of the day.