Jack Darling

Started by dtboy, June 21, 2011, 11:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtboy

Jack Darling has produced disappointing scores lately and projected to drop out of the $200-$250 grand range. Whats should I do?

Keep Him

or

Trade Him: I have $45,000 in the bank and if you think I should trade him who for?
I've skimmed and Robert Murphy seems the most likely candidate to join my team but I feel uncomfortable about his inconsistant scores he makes each round.

What Should I Do?

Memphistopheles

Do you have another trade this week?

Downgrade someone else to get more cash and upgrade Darling to a true premium.

In your price range the only guy I would consider is Jonathon Brown, and even then only if he is in form which he isn't.

Or downgrade Darling to Callinan or Dahlhaus and upgrade elsewhere.

Prospector_1

1. Trades left?
2. League or overall?
3. If inconsistency worries you, don't buy inconsistent players. I've had Stiffy all year in SC - I know he's inconsistent, but averages a ton. I will not trade  him, however he goes. This has caused agony, but has paid off!

dtboy

I was thinking Jack Riewoldt or Robert Murphy?

elephants

He'll be playing wafl this week i'd think.

dtboy

Quote from: elephants on June 21, 2011, 11:28:00 PM

Do you think i should trade him out and if yes for who Robert Murphy or Jack Riewoldt

Prospector_1

Do you have Hurley - Murphy as a def/fwd is the perfect mpp foil if you do - just buy him in the other position.

dtboy

How about i downgrade Jack Gunston ($187,000) for Dahlhouse from the Bulldogs ($88,000) for I have the excess $99,000 added to my already $40,000 and upgrade Darling next week?

m_zulian

Quote from: dtboy on June 21, 2011, 11:41:27 PM
How about i downgrade Jack Gunston ($187,000) for Dahlhouse from the Bulldogs ($88,000) for I have the excess $99,000 added to my already $40,000 and upgrade Darling next week?

Yeah man, you need to free up some cash.
Goodes and Green should be at a good price next week.

nostradamus

Quote from: dtboy on June 21, 2011, 11:26:31 PM

j.roo is cosistent.......consistently cr@p

Andrew

Quote from: nostradamus on June 21, 2011, 11:54:20 PM
Quote from: dtboy on June 21, 2011, 11:26:31 PM

j.roo is cosistent.......consistently cr@p

LOL yeah I'd go Murphy before either Riewoldt... but find the cash and get Didak, Sylvia, or Travis Cloke if you're upgrading this week.

elephants

Quote from: dtboy on June 21, 2011, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 21, 2011, 11:28:00 PM

Do you think i should trade him out and if yes for who Robert Murphy or Jack Riewoldt
No get a better gun. Someone like a Goodes, Sj, Pavlich, Fyfe. Save him his price won't change if he doesn't play.

Slap

just letting you know (in case you didn't), he got subbed last week.  Sure his week prior to last was poor, but he was on track for a 65-75 game last week.  So I wouldn't be as worried as you are at his scores.  He has been more than solid for a rookie.

I'd just be concerned that he may find the 24 round season long, especially if Worsfold plays him every week.  I expect him to get a game most weeks, because even if he doesn't do too much, he does attract a reasonably good defender - thus opening up people like Lecras.

bjay2308

yeh iv been tossing up offloading him this week, but contemplating leaving him until maybe his bye next week. worsfold said today he has been tiring so he has had a light week on the track but wont go back to the wafl, and i doubt hell be subbed this week, it was only last week due to it being a wet weather game in the 2nd half and they wanted an extra runner.

Slap

Quote from: bjay2308 on June 22, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
yeh iv been tossing up offloading him this week, but contemplating leaving him until maybe his bye next week. worsfold said today he has been tiring so he has had a light week on the track but wont go back to the wafl, and i doubt hell be subbed this week, it was only last week due to it being a wet weather game in the 2nd half and they wanted an extra runner.

If you leave him in, you'll lose cash and then trade him out the next week anyway.  What's the point.  You should downgrade to a cheap rook like callinan, even if he doesn't play.  You should by now have enough cover and callinan may increase your MPP.  With Hindsight, you shouldv'e traded him out last week for Howe.  And I know your kicking yourself for not doing it.